It is currently April 30th, 2024, 3:36 pm

Switch through different Speaker Configurations? [Lua?]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Switch through different Speaker Configurations? [Lua?]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello and merry Xmas time,

I have recently been having good success switching through output types.

Now I am hoping Rainmeter can help me switch through speaker configurations, e.g. stereo, quadrophonic, 5.1, 7.1.

Is this possible?
Last edited by Mor3bane on December 21st, 2019, 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: Switch through different Speaker Configurations?

Post by Mor3bane »

Ok, so I am wondering if AudioLevel can be used in the manner of using the Parent/Child structure to force the output device in play to read the Channel/s of my choosing?

But before I start trying to force things, I'm going to wait and see what the Gurussay.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: Switch through different Speaker Configurations?

Post by Mor3bane »

Mor3bane wrote: December 19th, 2019, 1:29 pm Ok, so I am wondering if AudioLevel can be used in the manner of using the Parent/Child structure to force the output device in play to read the Channel/s of my choosing?

But before I start trying to force things, I'm going to wait and see what the Gurussay.
I haven't found anything at all with AudioLevel that would do anything other than read outputs from whatever source is specified.

I did find that I can clearly display the Speaker Config with

Code: Select all

[MeasureFormat]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
DynamicVariables=1
Type=Format
My DevArt Gallery

Mor3bane

Re: Switch through different Speaker Configurations? [is this taboo?]

Post by Mor3bane »

Well, since there is no incoming info, I have drifted into thinking about lua.

I am not sure though if lua can do what i am trying to do?

Any lua programmers out there that can say if that idea is doable?
My DevArt Gallery