It is currently May 4th, 2024, 9:53 am

bug?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
wasky1

bug?

Post by wasky1 »

ive just downloaded rainmeter 1.2 rev 357 beta and realized that my skins no longer load in numerical order on program start. instead they load in reverse numerical order on program start, yet still load in numerical order on refresh or activate action on skins. this should be standardized to one way or the other as skins that should be on top will now be underneath if the respective refresh, or program start is iniciated.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: bug?

Post by jsmorley »

In order to support the fix to "On Desktop" consistently, skins are now loaded (from the standpoint of "Z-Position") in the order they are in Rainmeter.ini. Has nothing to do anymore with the name of the config or alphabetical order. So the first config [section] in Rainmeter.ini will be on the "bottom", the next one will be on top of the first, etc. when they are on top of each other.

You change the order by simply editing Rainmeter.ini (Edit Settings) and moving sections around in the file.

It's not a perfect solution, as if you have all your skins set to "On Desktop" so you can use Windows "Show Desktop" function, the order can be messed up if you individually manually refresh a skin or change its settings. A "Refresh All" in Rainmeter will always restore the Z-Position order based on the order in Rainmeter.ini.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

thanks for quick reply, but that doesn't sound good for distribution as i cant expect folk to do that to use my config-

ive been working on a tiled slideshow which is actually 6 skins on top of each other. if i load the skins with a command whilst program is open they load in order. if i start the program they load in reverse order. i cant see a way round this in a sharing point of view. damn! it was fine on the last rev build. any ideas would be appreciated
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

I have never have any of this problems, but I'm on xp
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

me niether till i got new rainmeter build thats just come out.

ok i just hid my gmail skin behind another skin turned rainmeter off then opened it again and gmail was back on top. have you got rev 357? if so does yours do this also?
Last edited by wasky1 on March 24th, 2010, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

wasky1 wrote:me niether till i got new rainmeter build thats just come out.
i was talking about latest version or rainmeter
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Your issue has been raised with the folks doing development. We will talk it over in the next days and weeks and see what might be changed to address your concern.

I think in the short term, you will need to have your users load the skins the first time in the order you want them positioned in the Z axis, so that order is created in Rainmeter.ini.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

maminscris wrote:I have never have any of this problems, but I'm on xp
This issue will not be evident on XP as it does not have the DWM desktop windowing system or the Aero interface.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

wasky1 wrote:me niether till i got new rainmeter build thats just come out.

ok i just hid my gmail skin behind another skin turned rainmeter off then opened it again and gmail was back on top. have you got rev 357? if so does yours do this also?
Were both the gmail skin and the one put it behind using "On Desktop" as the "Position"?
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

jsmorley wrote:
Were both the gmail skin and the one put it behind using "On Desktop" as the "Position"?
no, normal. im just messing with desktop position now but im stuck for time il have to check back later. thanks for help mate!