It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:49 am

Minimizing side docks in Gimp?

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
Jkon

Minimizing side docks in Gimp?

Post by Jkon »

Anybobdy know if it's possible to lock the side docks to the main work screen in gimp so as when you minimize to task bar the whole lot goes instead of having to drag the docks off screen.They constantly get in the way when testing images in skins.
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Minimizing side docks in Gimp?

Post by JamesAC »

I think it is possible with a plugin of some sort but I can't find it at the moment.

Luckily it looks like a single window mode will be available in gimp 2.8. Not sure when it is going to be released though.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Thanks be to god they are considering it for the new release,the whole docking system is a great idea but i think it needs to be tied in to open work spaces aswell for its implementation to function properly.I'll have a root round for that plugin,thanks for the pointer.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

There used to be a side version known as GimpShop, that made the interface mor Photoshop-like, but I think development on that stopped.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

It seems work on gimpshop stopped several years ago and apparently it's very buggy with newer gimp releases,It's also a bit extreme for me as I've no experience with photoshop either so i'd probably just end up being confused aswell as frustrated.It did lead me to the deweirdifier plugin which just doesn't work and even crashed my desktop.Looks like I'll just have to wait for the developers at gimp to cop on and finally give people an interface that they want.
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

you can use win roll to reduce them to a bar
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Now we're gettin somewhere.Not the perfect solution but definitly going to ease my frustrations.Thanks maminscris.After reading up a bit it seems this topic is a serious debate with gimps developers causing a major divide between the designers and programmers.I know nothing about programming but wonder could it be that hard to offer a choice between an open work space like the current one and a more traditional platform.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Would be nice if you could at least dock them together so they move as one. Like how winamp does it.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

the deweirdifier plugin is supposed to be able to get the docks and windows to snap to each other but damned if I could get it to work.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

I came across a simple little snap program called all snap http://ivanheckman.com/allsnap/.It wont move the docks with the workspace but together with winroll it certainly makes things easier to manage.