It is currently January 22nd, 2022, 5:10 am

FolderView

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Spud

Re: FolderView

Post by Spud »

Would you be able to provide / point out the changes required for displaying more than 3 items in the style you've got? I've got the same use case and really like the layout you've gone with.

Also, I think I'm being really dim, but I've updated the Variables file to try and set a custom title but it's still showing the folder path:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
; Set by context menu selection
CustomTitle=1
; Your custom title
MenuTitle=Test
Thanks all!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Spud wrote: January 7th, 2022, 6:22 pm Would you be able to provide / point out the changes required for displaying more than 3 items in the style you've got? I've got the same use case and really like the layout you've gone with.

Also, I think I'm being really dim, but I've updated the Variables file to try and set a custom title but it's still showing the folder path:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
; Set by context menu selection
CustomTitle=1
; Your custom title
MenuTitle=Test
Thanks all!
Those 3 styles are the only ways to display folders using the FileView plugin in relation to the design of my skin; text, text & small icons, or large icons.

What other style are you thinking about?

Sorry about your Custom Title issue, it is my fault... :oops:
I removed the custom title feature in favor of only 2 options as the title: either the full path or the current folder name. These are selected in the skin context menu.
(Reminder to self: update the code and the written description in the metadata concerning custom titles... some day soon :) )
Spud

Post by Spud »

I wasn't very clear about the style, I was referring to the customization you helped VyzerMusic achieve.
I got it working with 3 files but wasn't sure what to modify to show more.

No worries about the custom title, glad I wasn't missing something super obvious!
Although when I try to switch between full path -> folder title it remains as the full path.

I tried with a fresh install to make sure it wasn't any edits I made breaking it.

Thanks again, and thanks for making this for us all!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Spud wrote: January 8th, 2022, 10:45 am I wasn't very clear about the style, I was referring to the customization you helped VyzerMusic achieve.
I got it working with 3 files but wasn't sure what to modify to show more.

No worries about the custom title, glad I wasn't missing something super obvious!
Although when I try to switch between full path -> folder title it remains as the full path.

I tried with a fresh install to make sure it wasn't any edits I made breaking it.

Thanks again, and thanks for making this for us all!
Spud, thanks for pointing out the issue with current folder name versus full path.
It was not correcting 'first level' folder names, only sub-folders. :x

I corrected the substitution to properly display only the current folder name or full paths.
I also updated the description concerning the change to the Title display. :rosegift:

FYI: The small icon variant will list 8 items at a time, per page (not just 3); I may expand this number, but not in the near future. :uhuh:

Other updates:
I added a SortDir variable to the folder options to allow ascending/descending sorting.
I also added a context menu option to edit appearance variables (scale, colors, etc.)

You can download v1.2022.01.08 package from my DA pages.