It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:00 am

FolderView

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Spud

Re: FolderView

Post by Spud »

Would you be able to provide / point out the changes required for displaying more than 3 items in the style you've got? I've got the same use case and really like the layout you've gone with.

Also, I think I'm being really dim, but I've updated the Variables file to try and set a custom title but it's still showing the folder path:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
; Set by context menu selection
CustomTitle=1
; Your custom title
MenuTitle=Test
Thanks all!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Spud wrote: January 7th, 2022, 6:22 pm Would you be able to provide / point out the changes required for displaying more than 3 items in the style you've got? I've got the same use case and really like the layout you've gone with.

Also, I think I'm being really dim, but I've updated the Variables file to try and set a custom title but it's still showing the folder path:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
; Set by context menu selection
CustomTitle=1
; Your custom title
MenuTitle=Test
Thanks all!
Those 3 styles are the only ways to display folders using the FileView plugin in relation to the design of my skin; text, text & small icons, or large icons.

What other style are you thinking about?

Sorry about your Custom Title issue, it is my fault... :oops:
I removed the custom title feature in favor of only 2 options as the title: either the full path or the current folder name. These are selected in the skin context menu.
(Reminder to self: update the code and the written description in the metadata concerning custom titles... some day soon :) )
Spud

Post by Spud »

I wasn't very clear about the style, I was referring to the customization you helped VyzerMusic achieve.
I got it working with 3 files but wasn't sure what to modify to show more.

No worries about the custom title, glad I wasn't missing something super obvious!
Although when I try to switch between full path -> folder title it remains as the full path.

I tried with a fresh install to make sure it wasn't any edits I made breaking it.

Thanks again, and thanks for making this for us all!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Spud wrote: January 8th, 2022, 10:45 am I wasn't very clear about the style, I was referring to the customization you helped VyzerMusic achieve.
I got it working with 3 files but wasn't sure what to modify to show more.

No worries about the custom title, glad I wasn't missing something super obvious!
Although when I try to switch between full path -> folder title it remains as the full path.

I tried with a fresh install to make sure it wasn't any edits I made breaking it.

Thanks again, and thanks for making this for us all!
Spud, thanks for pointing out the issue with current folder name versus full path.
It was not correcting 'first level' folder names, only sub-folders. :x

I corrected the substitution to properly display only the current folder name or full paths.
I also updated the description concerning the change to the Title display. :rosegift:

FYI: The small icon variant will list 8 items at a time, per page (not just 3); I may expand this number, but not in the near future. :uhuh:

Other updates:
I added a SortDir variable to the folder options to allow ascending/descending sorting.
I also added a context menu option to edit appearance variables (scale, colors, etc.)

You can download v1.2022.01.08 package from my DA pages.
Corona Borealis

Post by Corona Borealis »

I extended the FolderView skin to be able to display a maximum of 72 files at once.
The grid-size can be changed with the variables Columnsand Rows to your liking (max 12x8).

Feel free to integrate this into your own skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PatrickW

Post by PatrickW »

Corona Borealis wrote: June 11th, 2022, 1:38 pm I extended the FolderView skin to be able to display a maximum of 72 files at once.
The grid-size can be changed with the variables Columnsand Rows to your liking (max 12x8).

Feel free to integrate this into your own skin.
This is absolutely terrific! I've started using this version with the customizable rows & columns.

Also big thumbs up for the original coder :welcome: and a thank you! Downloaded Rainmeter today and this was exactly what I needed.

I do have one dilemma though, I'm not sure if it's modifiable or if that's how it is. When hovering over the icons, there's a sort of lag with the names, before they fade out. Is there a way to make them fade out faster? I don't think it's from my end, as I'm utilizing 16Gbs of ram.

Will attach a photo to show the lag.

https://ibb.co/RHZ1Npd [Same photo attached].

Is there any way to address this? Make them fade out faster? Or completely turn off the name popup? Appreciate any help!

(P.S, I did exaggerate the hovering in the Platform folder, I just wanted to clarify what I was referring to so I moved my mouse a lot.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PatrickW

Post by PatrickW »

PatrickW wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 4:38 pm This is absolutely terrific! I've started using this version with the customizable rows & columns.

Also big thumbs up for the original coder :welcome: and a thank you! Downloaded Rainmeter today and this was exactly what I needed.

I do have one dilemma though, I'm not sure if it's modifiable or if that's how it is. When hovering over the icons, there's a sort of lag with the names, before they fade out. Is there a way to make them fade out faster? I don't think it's from my end, as I'm utilizing 16Gbs of ram.

Will attach a photo to show the lag.

https://ibb.co/RHZ1Npd [Same photo attached].

Is there any way to address this? Make them fade out faster? Or completely turn off the name popup? Appreciate any help!

(P.S, I did exaggerate the hovering in the Platform folder, I just wanted to clarify what I was referring to so I moved my mouse a lot.)
I figured it out :thumbup: Turning off tooltips removes the name popping up altogether
PatrickW

Post by PatrickW »

I have one more thing though, if anyone can help. The font of the folder, as you'll see find attached. I browsed the code but couldn't find where I can modify to play with the font. Is it possible to change the font type? I was hoping it could match more with the Illustro theme.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

PatrickW wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 5:01 pm I have one more thing though, if anyone can help. The font of the folder, as you'll see find attached. I browsed the code but couldn't find where I can modify to play with the font. Is it possible to change the font type? I was hoping it could match more with the Illustro theme.
The different font options are located within different places. So, you have them here:
1. Open folder FolderN → open file folderstationary.ini → scroll to the bottom and find section [FolderInfo]
2. Open folder FolderN → open file LargeIcons.inc → Find section [TextStyle]
3. Open folder FolderN → open file variables.inc → You will see there several variables like FontSize, TextColor, and HeaderColor

For example, in order to make the font look smooth instead of pixelated, you need to change the option called AntiAlias, which is located in:
• Folder FolderN → open file LargeIcons.inc → Find section [TextStyle] → Change AntiAlias=0 to AntiAlias=1

Note: for every FolderN folder, there are individual files:
* folderstationary.ini
* variables.inc
* LargeIcons.inc
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated: V2.2022.08.05

Added Lua code by Corona Borealis ... Thanks! :rosegift:
- This allows setting any combination of Rows and Columns (up to 100 items per screen) for the LargeIcons display!

Condensed variables into one file for easier editing

Stationary/Rollup variant toggle icon added to title bar

Corrected scroll to move 1 row up/down based on number of columns selected (applies only to LargeIcons variant)

Modified Clear Theme (Dark Text) header color for better visibility

Corrected file/folder display to use integers

Enjoy!

Download the latest version from the first post.