It is currently September 8th, 2024, 2:20 am

Couple of suggestoins by killall-q

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Couple of suggestoins by killall-q

Post by jsmorley »

As a part of another discussion on adding MouseWheelUpAction and MouseWheelDownAction (probably should consider MouseWheelClickAction while we are at it) user killall-q made two additional suggestions that I think at least merit a look.

1) Enabling "math" formulations in !RainmeterSetVariable. I guess like !RainmeterSetVariable VarName ([MeasureName] * 10).

2) Creating a new variant of !RainmeterSetVariable maybe called !RainmeterIncrementVariable, where you would say !Execute [!RainmeterIncrementVariable VarName +1] (or -1 of course) Perhaps this could be handled directly in !RainmeterSetVariable if the suggestion 1) above was implemented in such a way that !RainmeterSetVariable VarName (#VarName# + 1) was possible.

Both ideas sound interesting for making even more interactive skins easily.
Culture

Re: Couple of suggestoins by killall-q

Post by Culture »

JS,

Implementing the first suggestion would be brilliant as I have a need for exactly that functionality for some stuff I'm developing (specifically for dynamically scaling displays) that's just going begging at the moment. I don't know if there's a workaround for it, but I'll be messing around for the next few trying to see if there is unless I find out otherwise...

...or exhaust myself, whichever comes first. :D

Cheers
C
MattKing
Developer

Post by MattKing »

This has been implemented. Wait for a new beta for the feature to be released I guess.
Culture

Post by Culture »

Most excellent!...Many thanks for the heads up Matt.