It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:42 pm

Confused, help please.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Zeta Crossfire

Confused, help please.

Post by Zeta Crossfire »

I just downloaded Rain meter and I'm a little confused. I thought what I would be downloading was the main theme (with the nice water background) But I only got half of it. I got the clock at the right and the bar at the bottom, how do I get the whole package? This is my first experience with RainMeter so please don't bash the new guy, thanks.

(also) I just renamed the Itunes to zune and have it launching my zune software now, but the bottom right where it should show whats playing does nothing. Does it work with zune software?
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Confused, help please.

Post by Alex2539 »

Rainmeter has nothing to do with the wallpaper and as such does not come with any. And no, the player does not work with the Zune software. Only iTunes and Winamp are currently supported.
ImageImageImageImage
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Start here. Read Rainmeter 101 and then come on back with specific questions. We are glad to help, but you should get a handle on what Rainmeter is and isn't first.

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Support
Guardsix

Post by Guardsix »

Geesh, I'm new to Rainmeter but I may not be using the software much longer if this is the kind of attitude given to those who are trying to use it!

The original question wasn't that difficult to answer. Zeta Crossfire was just trying to get some clarification. Rainmeter does display itself with numerous colorful wallpapers that must have come from some where. Why not provide a simple explanation of where a Rainmeter user should go to get those wallpapers instead of slamming them in the face!

"Read Rainmeter 101 and them come back with specific questions..." Your 101 doesn't mention anything about wallpapers so how is that supposed to answer the question? Zeta did ask a specific question, "Where are the wallpapers?"

"Rainmeter has nothing to do with wallpaper..." So why is it showing these nice wallpapers on the home page? Every picture of Rainmeter has a wallpaper behind it.

You people need to adjust your attitude to help people instead of slamming them. First and probably my last post!
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

Guardsix wrote:Geesh, I'm new to Rainmeter but I may not be using the software much longer if this is the kind of attitude given to those who are trying to use it!

The original question wasn't that difficult to answer. Zeta Crossfire was just trying to get some clarification. Rainmeter does display itself with numerous colorful wallpapers that must have come from some where. Why not provide a simple explanation of where a Rainmeter user should go to get those wallpapers instead of slamming them in the face!

"Read Rainmeter 101 and them come back with specific questions..." Your 101 doesn't mention anything about wallpapers so how is that supposed to answer the question? Zeta did ask a specific question, "Where are the wallpapers?"

"Rainmeter has nothing to do with wallpaper..." So why is it showing these nice wallpapers on the home page? Every picture of Rainmeter has a wallpaper behind it.

You people need to adjust your attitude to help people instead of slamming them. First and probably my last post!
if he would spent 3 minutes searching around here for "enigma wallpapers" he will find this http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1856&p=13476&hilit=enigma+wallpapers#p13476, an all the problems were gone, the same thing you could do and help him if you think we did not.
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Guardsix wrote:Geesh, I'm new to Rainmeter but I may not be using the software much longer if this is the kind of attitude given to those who are trying to use it!

I'm sorry, but you are wrong on all counts. First off, I was in fact trying to be helpful. There is a wealth of information in our online documentation, and it really is the best place to start. Also, in Rainmeter 101 it specifically says under "Getting Started" almost at the very top of the page, under the Enigma image:

"Note: Rainmeter does not include any desktop "wallpapers". The wallpaper displayed is an example.If you really like it, it can be found at: DeskTopNexus"

I thought it would be helpful to point him there so he could actually find that wallpaper if he liked it.

We take great pride here is NOT having a "RTFM" attitude, but do point people to the places where the most complete and easy to follow informtation is when it makes sense to do so. This is often the case when a person is really new to Rainmeter, and needs a bit of guidance on what it really is and isn't.

You are welcome to your opinion, but I think if you look around the board, particularly in the "Rainmeter Help" section, you will find that we go to great lengths to make folks welcome and help them as much as we can.
tru

Post by tru »

You will not find a more helpful staff or members anywhere else on the net "period"
scoop6274

Post by scoop6274 »

being a relatively new member myself, I too have found the people on this forum to be very helpful. In fact, at least one has offered to have me email my skins to him so he could figure out a problem I was having.

I also know that being new to a forum, and a new program, it is always a good idea to read the manual, the forum rules, the faq and do a search before asking a specific question. Often times these questions have been answered already. With a user base that is growing like Rainmeter's, the common problems have most likely already been encountered. You will even note on the home page of Rainmeter, that it is suggested that you read the documentation, manual and Rainmeter 101.

I'm sure I can speak for all of us and say we do value new users. We enjoy the growth and popularity of Rainmeter and wish it to continue to grow.

The wallpapers you see are found a various different sites, and often are linked in the posts containing a new skin. Deviant art is a favorite site of many here and wallpapers can be found there as well as many other wallpaper sites.

Again, thank you for your interest in Rainmeter, I hope you enjoy the experience of skinning and learning as much as the rest of us.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Just to throw in my two cents on the subject quickly, before the library boots me off...

Every desktop screenshot shows a wallpaper, it's kinda the point. Every desktop screenshot does not however include Rainmeter. If someone popped up in the winamp forums and said I installed this winamp skin but where's the wallpaper, I'm sure the response would not have been as helpful as the ones given here.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:Just to throw in my two cents on the subject quickly, before the library boots me off...

Every desktop screenshot shows a wallpaper, it's kinda the point. Every desktop screenshot does not however include Rainmeter. If someone popped up in the winamp forums and said I installed this winamp skin but where's the wallpaper, I'm sure the response would not have been as helpful as the ones given here.
If you want to see the poster child for ugly forum behavior, go to the AutoIt forums and post "How do I use Autoit?"... The response will be priceless. They will call you, AND YOUR MOTHER, every name in the book. That is unless they just ban you and kill the thread. They do that most of the time. Not recommending or approving of that kind of behavior, but I did have to laugh a few times when I first started going there.