It is currently September 8th, 2024, 2:32 am

XML Styled Notes

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
KingToast

XML Styled Notes

Post by KingToast »

Hey, i was just wondering - does anyone know if it would be possible to get rainmeter to read an xml file?

Example:

Code: Select all

<Notes>
     <Title  Font="Times New Roman" Color="124,63,12" Size="12" Style="Bold">
          To Do List
     </Title>
     <Note Font="Segoe UI" Color="255,255,255,128" Size="9" Style="Bold">
          -Remember to finish the new rainmeter skin!
     </Note>
     <Note Font="Arial" Color="0,0,0,128" Size="10" Style="Normal">
          -Finish Civics and Citezenship project
     </Note>
</Notes>

If this were possible it would open up a whole new realm for rainmeter. In the example above you could have a single file for all your notes and have each individual note be a different font, size, color, and style. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if it were!

EDIT:If this isn't possible, i would assume that it would be possible to write (or extend) a plugin for handling XML files. I've written programs before that use XML for data storage, and it was relatively easy to write, but i wrote those in C#, and i'm afrain that i don't know C++, or if it can read XML (i'd assume you could). Either way, if a developer was feeling up to the task, someone could always write an XMLParser plugin for rainmeter (if not already possible).
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: XML Styled Notes

Post by Alex2539 »

Yes and no. WebParser can easily go through that and extract the necessary information. Then, using dynamic variables you can use it wherever you need it. However, there would be a set maximum number of <note> sections you could have. There's no way to have WebParser dynamically add search patterns, so you would be limited there first. Then, even if there were you would need to be able to add enough measures and meters on the fly to deal with the new data. If you always knew how many sections there would be, it would be trivial to implement it. There is, however, no way to have it automatically adjust to any length, making this less useful than just your regular notes file and some internal variables.
ImageImageImageImage
KingToast

Re: XML Styled Notes

Post by KingToast »

Hmm, well, thanks for the reply! Oh well, seems like i'll just have to wait until either i decide to get off my lazy but and code a plugin, or someone else does. Thanks again!