It is currently October 18th, 2024, 7:08 am

[Feature] New STRING Attributes

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dragonmage
Developer

[Feature] New STRING Attributes

Post by dragonmage »

ShadowOffset=
MouseOverColor=
MouseDownColor=

This would save us from creating multiple meters to get mouseover effects on STRING meters. The ShadowOffset would allow us to create more "raised" appearance.
BrianHeston

Re: [Feature] New STRING Attributes

Post by BrianHeston »

I would very much support these attributes as well. Great idea!

Perhaps rather than ShadowOffset we use a ShadowX/ShadowY which are always relative to the string itself?
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

ShadowX and ShadowY would be a little more useful. That way you could somewhat determine where he "light source" is. I'm not sure about the MouseOverColor and MouseDownColor though as such effects are easily achieved via !Bangs.

On a similar note, BorderWidth might be nice. The 1px border is good for certain cases, but sometimes you just need a little more.
ImageImageImageImage
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

How do you easily achieve color changes with bangs?
Varelse

Post by Varelse »

I use MouseOverAction=!RainmeterSetVariable MouseOverColor X,Y,Z,A. Same thing for MouseLeaveAction and so forth.

The only problem is that you have to use a different variable for each meter that you want to mouse over.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Yeah, that's what I thought. Having them set as a meter attribute though would eliminate the extra variables and in fact could be added to a MeterStyle.
MattKing
Developer

Post by MattKing »

The offset is easy, the hovering color is more difficult, it has the same issue as buttons do in that it won't turn on and off as soon as you mouse over it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MattKing wrote:The offset is easy, the hovering color is more difficult, it has the same issue as buttons do in that it won't turn on and off as soon as you mouse over it.
In my experience, buttons work really well. It's MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction that has issues with keeping track of the current state. Might be worth exploring why that is before we add another feature that is unreliable.