It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:02 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Yangster

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.2

Post by Yangster »

Hi, not sure if anyone still looks at this.
But my CPU temps, voltages, and clock are not working for no apparent reason.
Hwinfo sensors are set correctly and mapped correctly.
Any ideas why?
1.png
2.png
3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yangster wrote: September 19th, 2023, 10:29 am Hi, not sure if anyone still looks at this.
But my CPU temps, voltages, and clock are not working for no apparent reason.
Hwinfo sensors are set correctly and mapped correctly.
Any ideas why?
Yes, the reason why is that this skin cannot handle newer hybrid CPUs.

If you want a skin that works with all CPUs and looks similar, try the Gadgets suite, along with the Modernizer patch to give a similar appearance if desired.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
AT83

Post by AT83 »

Anybody have any clues as to what the hell is going on?
This persists through restarts.
Everything was working fine until I restarted my computer about an hour ago.
no changed hardware, everything used to work just fine
5950x
2x 3090
I updated rainmeter and its still broken. tried changing my layouts and they ALL look like this, even new elements that I spawn in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AT83 wrote: September 28th, 2023, 6:52 pm Anybody have any clues as to what the hell is going on?
This persists through restarts.
Everything was working fine until I restarted my computer about an hour ago.
no changed hardware, everything used to work just fine
5950x
2x 3090
I updated rainmeter and its still broken. tried changing my layouts and they ALL look like this, even new elements that I spawn in
You did something more than a restart. Your ModernGadgets look corrupted; maybe missing a Lua script and more. If you look at the Rainmeter log, you'll probably see the source of the errors. You might need to reinstall the skins. Updating Rainmeter or changing layouts isn't going to help. Post your log if you need help reading it.
AT83

Post by AT83 »

*sigh*
No no I think it's actually hardware. So the reason I restarted my pc was, well my top m.2 slot had the screw standoff pop out of the motherboard... so I hot glued it down.

Well it popped out again.

I got out my hot glue gun again..

And I'm pretty sure I burned a motherboard trace, cause I'm getting weird artifacting no matter which gpu I use and some other strange behavior. It's just weird that modern gadgets is the only thing that *completely* shit the bed, which is why I initially thought that that was the case.

So now I am doing a semi forced upgrade to am5. I know modern gadgets doesn't work with the new Intel cpus, but does anyone know if it works with ryzen 7000 cpus?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AT83 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 5:04 am So now I am doing a semi forced upgrade to am5. I know modern gadgets doesn't work with the new Intel cpus, but does anyone know if it works with ryzen 7000 cpus?
Hm... odd. In any case, yes, ModernGadgets should work with Ryzens. It's Intel's hybrid CPUs that get ModernGadgets confused; any other non-hybrid CPU should work fine.
Yangster

Post by Yangster »

SilverAzide wrote: September 19th, 2023, 12:28 pm Yes, the reason why is that this skin cannot handle newer hybrid CPUs.

If you want a skin that works with all CPUs and looks similar, try the Gadgets suite, along with the Modernizer patch to give a similar appearance if desired.
I modified the modern gadgets CPU meter skin code and got it to work :D
and apparently your gadgets suite doesn't like my CPU either lol :rofl:
(calculating number of cores gives NaN when using per core mode)
Untitled.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yangster wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:01 am I modified the modern gadgets CPU meter skin code and got it to work :D
and apparently your gadgets suite doesn't like my CPU either lol :rofl:
(calculating number of cores gives NaN when using per core mode)

Untitled.png
That's very strange... it works fine on my i9-12950HX machines and plenty of others. Did you modify the install? Did you use the skin installer to install the suite? I ask because it is acting like you are missing a plugin.
Yangster

Post by Yangster »

SilverAzide wrote: October 4th, 2023, 11:52 am That's very strange... it works fine on my i9-12950HX machines and plenty of others. Did you modify the install? Did you use the skin installer to install the suite? I ask because it is acting like you are missing a plugin.
Ah I unchecked the box for the plugin when installing with skin installer.
AT83

Post by AT83 »

Man what happened to the really nice GUI for edditting the HWINFO binds?
That was really nice..