It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:28 am

Can someone help with this?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Lukaka

Can someone help with this?

Post by Lukaka »

Hey everyone, I'm not a rainmeter expert, but I'm editing a skin and wanted to know how to have a second page (called online users) to extract from a text document like the first. Thanks for your help! :welcome:

Note: The skin is downloadable below, but this is the code itself in the config file. Thanks a bunch! :)

P.S. The skin is originally from MASS EFFECT on devenart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm a minecraft fan and I make custom rainmeter skins that show when a minecraft user is on! (the users have to be on a official server, for instance Mineplex will not work, but wildcraftmc will)
:welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can someone help with this?

Post by balala »

The content of the URL.txt file is read by the [MeasureNotes2] measure. You'll have to use it in a string meter to can see its content. So, add the following meter to your code:

Code: Select all

[Notes2]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureNotes2
X=28
Y=40
W=300
H=255
FontFace=#FontName#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontColor=#FontColor#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Hidden=1
Usually we add this meter right after the [Notes] meter, but that's just a habit, not a rule. See that this meter will show the value returned by the [MeasureNotes2] measure (due to the MeasureName=MeasureNotes2 option). [Notes2] is hidden at the very first moment by the Hidden=1 option.
Now you'll have to use a button, to can change the shown string. I suppose you'll want to use the [ButtonNotesActive] and [ButtonRSSPassive] buttons for this. If I'm right, just rewrite the ButtonCommand options of the [ButtonRSSPassive] and [ButtonNotesPassive] meters with these:

Code: Select all

[ButtonRSSPassive]
ButtonCommand=[!HideMeter ButtonNotesActive] [!ShowMeter ButtonNotesPassive] [!HideMeter ButtonRSSPassive] [!ShowMeter ButtonRSSActive] [!HideMeter Notes] [!ShowMeter RSSheader] [!ShowMeter RSS1String] [!ShowMeter RSS2String] [!ShowMeter RSS3String] [!ShowMeter RSS4String] [!ShowMeter RSS5String] [!ShowMeter RSS6String] [!ShowMeter RSS7String] [!ShowMeter RSS8String] [!HideMeter ToplineL] [!ShowMeter ToplineR][!HideMeter Notes][!ShowMeter Notes2]

[ButtonNotesPassive]
ButtonCommand=!execute [!ShowMeter ButtonNotesActive] [!HideMeter ButtonNotespassive] [!ShowMeter ButtonRSSPassive] [!HideMeter ButtonRSSActive] [!ShowMeter Notes] [!HideMeter RSSheader] [!HideMeter RSS1String] [!HideMeter RSS2String] [!HideMeter RSS3String] [!HideMeter RSS4String] [!HideMeter RSS5String] [!HideMeter RSS6String] [!HideMeter RSS7String] [!HideMeter RSS8String] [!HideMeter ToplineR] [!ShowMeter ToplineL][!ShowMeter Notes][!HideMeter Notes2] 
And just an observation: the !execute bang was deprecated long time ago and you don't have to use it. Remove them from each ButtonCommand where you have them.