It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:21 am

Use Rainmeter to have safe Windows "SIdebar" gadgets?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Texan

Use Rainmeter to have safe Windows "SIdebar" gadgets?

Post by Texan »

Dear Forum,

I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and moving from Vista. I want to replicate my sidebar gadgets, which now are the CPU/RAM Usage moving graph, the round-faced CPU and Ram gauges, and particularly the slideshow of small images. I know Rainmeter is a big, complex environment, with much more to offer, and I may want to take advantage of more of it over time. However, the move itself is a big deal (as you can see, I don't do this very often) and if Rainmeter is suitable for these tasks, I want to start with the gadgets.

One other thing I want to do, and am asking now in case this is something that Rainmeter does not do or may conflict with, is organize my desktop. I now have it covered, mostly with shortcuts to programs, but also with folders and some recent documents and downloaded images. I think I can make folders on the toolbar to gather these items. I have considered using multiple desktops, but I don't see that I need to do this if I can put a number of folders on the Taskbar for office tasks (word processing and spreadsheet), Video editing, image creation and editing, etc.

I would appreciate your advice on where (and whether!) to start.

Texan
FreeRaider

Re: Use Rainmeter to have safe Windows "SIdebar" gadgets?

Post by FreeRaider »

Perhaps are you looking for something like this?

P.S.: You can find more skins on deviantart.com or in Share Your Creations section of the forum.
Texan

Post by Texan »

Yep, that'll do it. Thank you FreeRaider.
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

You are welcome!