It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:25 am

So many 'help me' threads that I didn't actually post.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Jaxion08

So many 'help me' threads that I didn't actually post.

Post by Jaxion08 »

About 4 or 5 times now as I've been working on my skin I've come to this site and started to type out a really in depth explanation of what I was trying to do and what the problem was, only through explaining it I stumbled across an idea for a solution, checked the documentation to figure out how to implement the idea, then closed the tab before posting. Looks like I basically made this account just to have a text input box for me to hash things out and then never hit the submit button. I wonder if this is a common experience.

So yea, don't know what the point of this thread is really, and I kinda doubt I'll ever really be active on this forum, just thought it was funny and maybe I should go ahead and actually post something for once :D
jsmorley
Developer

Re: So many 'help me' threads that I didn't actually post.

Post by jsmorley »

Jaxion08 wrote:About 4 or 5 times now as I've been working on my skin I've come to this site and started to type out a really in depth explanation of what I was trying to do and what the problem was, only through explaining it I stumbled across an idea for a solution, checked the documentation to figure out how to implement the idea, then closed the tab before posting. Looks like I basically made this account just to have a text input box for me to hash things out and then never hit the submit button. I wonder if this is a common experience.

So yea, don't know what the point of this thread is really, and I kinda doubt I'll ever really be active on this forum, just thought it was funny and maybe I should go ahead and actually post something for once :D
That's pretty good... ;-)
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

I have the same thing sometimes. There've been a few times I was in chat thinking about how to pose my question, and in the process of doing that discovered the solution on my own. Some of my questions were simply unencumbered by the thought process.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

Author of Chameleon :: Like my plugin? Consider donating! I don't need much :3