It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:25 am

Webparser Dump Doesn't Seem To Contain All The Info

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Licoricemint

Webparser Dump Doesn't Seem To Contain All The Info

Post by Licoricemint »

Hi,

I am trying to implement the high and low temperature for the day onto my desktop. Below is a small screenshot of the web-site I would like to get the info from.

Here are the relevant lines from the webparser dump.

<span class="today" title="Today's weather summary for <%= station.name %>">Today<span>
<div>High -- <span class="split">|</span> Low -- &deg;F</div>
<div>--% Chance of Precip.</div>

As you can see, the web-site displays numbers while the webparser dump doesn't. I've gone over the entire webparser dump and I'm pretty sure these are the relevant lines. I have also searched through the webparser dump specifically for those numbers and they don't show up anywhere. Is there a way I can get the high and low temperature numbers?

Best Regards,
Licoricemint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Webparser Dump Doesn't Seem To Contain All The Info

Post by eclectic-tech »

If the temperatures are not in the dump, then you will not be able to get them using that site. The site is probably using a server-side script to obtain the current details. :uhuh:

You didn't post the link to the site, but why not use a site that you know provides the data, such as weather.com or yahoo? :???:

Weather.com measure returns details and 5 day forecast; indexes 21 and 22 return Hi/Lo temps for today (you just need to set your Location & Unit variables):

Code: Select all

[measureW1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=3600
Url=https://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#location#?cc=*&unit=#unit#&dayf=6
RegExp="(?siU)<lsup>(.*)</lsup>.*<obst>(.*)</obst>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<r>(.*)</r>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<vis.(.*)</vis>.*<i>(.*)</i>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<dewp>(.*)</dewp>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<day d="0" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<day d="1" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<day d="2" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<day d="3" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<day d="4" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<day d="5" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*"
Licoricemint

Post by Licoricemint »

Hi eclectic-tech,

Thank you for the reply. I will check out weather.com. I like using weather underground because the physical location of the weather station is actually very close to where I live.

Best Regards,
Licoricemint
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Forum member moshi created Sphynx Weather Underground skins, that may help you in creating your skin using that site... his skin has 3 versions: normal, map, and webcam... which is way more than you need :o
moshiWU.png
Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.