It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:19 am

Obtaining a specific Rainmeter Skin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Sephorol

Obtaining a specific Rainmeter Skin

Post by Sephorol »

I need assistance looking for a specific rainmeter skin that consists of the following:
  • • A simplistic theme that kind of resembles the default skins that come with rainmeter.
    • No time
    • The date (Ie. July 4th, 2016)
    • The day of the week (Not abbreviated, ie. Wednesday)
    • A text display that changes depending on what day it is (Ie. On Tuesday it displays: "Lunch @ 1 - 2 PM" and on Saturdays it displays: "Run @ 10 AM")
    • A brief description of how to edit what is in the text display (Doesn't matter if it involves going into the code and changing the text)
    + It would also be helpful if the text in the box was able to be multi-lined, include the "•" symbol, and include a bold topic and then details below, closer to...

Today's Special
    Beef Macaroni
    Available from 11 PM to 9 PM
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I was not sure where exactly to put this topic.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Obtaining a specific Rainmeter Skin

Post by balala »

I don't know a such skin, but it's not impossible to create it. So, let's go step by step:
Sephorol wrote:
  • • The date (Ie. July 4th, 2016)
    • The day of the week (Not abbreviated, ie. Wednesday)
For these you'll need the proper measure to get the date and the weekday:

Code: Select all

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%#x
Sephorol wrote:
  • • A text display that changes depending on what day it is (Ie. On Tuesday it displays: "Lunch @ 1 - 2 PM" and on Saturdays it displays: "Run @ 10 AM")
To make this, you'll need another measure to get the day of the week and convert this to the appropriate message:

[MeasureWeekdayMessage]
Measure=Time
Format=%a
Substitute="Sun":"#MessageSun#","Mon":"#MessageMon#","Tue":"#MessageTue#","Wed":"#MessageWed#","Thu":"#MessageThu#","Fri":"#MessageFri#","Sat":"#MessageSat#"
The Substitute option will properly work if you define the variables (messages) in the [Variables] section:

[Variables]
MessageSun=Sunday
MessageMon=Monday
MessageTue=Lunch @ 1 - 2 PM
MessageWed=Wednesday
MessageThu=Thursday
MessageFri=Friday
MessageSat=Run @ 10 AM
You'll also need two meters (it's also possible to use just one single meter, but let's start with two), to show the values returned by these two measures:

[MeterDate]
MeasureName=MeasureDate
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
FontSize=16
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1

[MeterMessage]
MeasureName=MeasureWeekdayMessage
Meter=STRING
X=0r
Y=0R
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
FontSize=12
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
These sections will show you the weekday and the date (in the first line) and the appropriate message (in the second line).
Sephorol wrote:
  • • A brief description of how to edit what is in the text display (Doesn't matter if it involves going into the code and changing the text)
Open the ini file of the skin and replace the appropriate variables in the [Variables] section. Then refresh the skin.

However, I'm not very sure what you meant by
Sephorol wrote:
  • • A simplistic theme that kind of resembles the default skins that come with rainmeter.
Sephorol

Post by Sephorol »

Thank you for the help!

I am not sure how to work with the code as much but I am fine if it uses multiple rainmeters.

Simplistic theme sort of like the default ui, like appearance:
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sephorol wrote:Simplistic theme sort of like the default ui, like appearance:

Capture.JPG
Ok, these skins are part of the illustro suite. But what would you like to do with them?

Sephorol wrote:I am not sure how to work with the code as much but I am fine if it uses multiple rainmeters.
Create in the Skins folder (if you've installed Rainmeter with the default settings, the Skins folder is located to C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins) a folder and name it as you want (let's say MyFirstConfig). This will be the Config of your new skin.
Then create in this folder a plain text file and name it, for example MySkin.ini. Be careful to use for this file the ini extension, not txt.
Now copy into this file the following code:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Variables]
MessageSun=Sunday
MessageMon=Monday
MessageTue=Lunch @ 1 - 2 PM
MessageWed=Wednesday
MessageThu=Thursday
MessageFri=Friday
MessageSat=Run @ 10 AM

[MeasureWeekdayMessage]
Measure=Time
Format=%a
Substitute="Sun":"#MessageSun#","Mon":"#MessageMon#","Tue":"#MessageTue#","Wed":"#MessageWed#","Thu":"#MessageThu#","Fri":"#MessageFri#","Sat":"#MessageSat#"

[MeterDate]
MeasureName=MeasureDate
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
FontSize=16
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1

[MeterMessage]
MeasureName=MeasureWeekdayMessage
Meter=STRING
X=0r
Y=0R
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
FontSize=12
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
(most of this code is from my previously posted code, except the [Rainmeter] section, which is a commonly and generally used section).

This is the base of your skin.
After this you'll have to refresh Rainmeter. For this, right click to Rainmeter icon into the notification area then click to Refresh all. Now you can see your skin into the available skins list. Right click again to Rainmeter icon into the notification area, go to Skins, point to MyFirstConfig, then click to MySkin.ini (or whatever you named your config and skin).
The appropriate skin will be loaded.
Now look at your skin and tell me (us) what else would you like to add to it.
Sephorol

Post by Sephorol »

Okay thank you! I'll try to work with this later.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sephorol wrote:Okay thank you! I'll try to work with this later.
Ok, just let me know if you have any other question.