It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:30 am

"Clipstring" but for images?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Bobburt444

"Clipstring" but for images?

Post by Bobburt444 »

This skin scrolls this row of images left and right. But what I'd like to do is, whenever any image crosses that white line (just before the first red image), anything on the left side of the line gets "cut off" leaving the rest of the image. Kind of like "ClipstringW" but for images.

I thought about maybe doing two skins- one for the left half and one for the right half with all the images, then using SkinWidth for the right half. I'd rather avoid having to do that though if there's another way.

I can't really figure out how I'd go about it. I do remember seeing a post how someone managed to change a text string's font color vertically by percentages or something. I also remember that a lot of math was involved. Maybe something like that could be applied here with image cropping? Any ideas?

Edit. I can't believe I didn't see it before. Stepping away for a few minutes cleared my head. I can just put the 'asdf' text with a proper height and width, and solidcolor, in front of everything, and the image meters will just scroll behind it.