It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:19 am

Make Visible On Mouse/Cursor Hover

General topics related to Rainmeter.
MourningStar

Make Visible On Mouse/Cursor Hover

Post by MourningStar »

I am replacing my addgadgets.com gadgets (CPU Meter, Network Meter, etc.) with a Rainmeter-based set created by someone at deviantart. However, there is a function I need help with. I have the originals configured to be hidden/invisible and will appear only when I move the mouse cursor over them. How can I get my Rainmeter-based gadgets to do this?

-thx
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Make Visible On Mouse/Cursor Hover

Post by balala »

That's a relatively hard question, because a hidden skin won't know when you're hovering your mouse over it. That's why you won't have to totally hide it, instead you should set its opacity to 1 (from 255), which practically mean transparent, but in this case it will interact with your mouse. But you can't set the opacity of a skin, you'll have to set it for each meter of the skin, one by one (or at least for each group, if you have grouped the meters).
To get more help, please post a code of skin you want to add this feature.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

^
thx for your reply. What would be the filename of the code you request?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote:^
thx for your reply. What would be the filename of the code you request?
That's what you should know!!! You said you want to add that feature to a skin. You should post the appropriate code.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

^
sorry, but I will take a guess. Below is a file that appears as a result of r-clik on the CPU Meter gadget and then cliking 'Manage Skin' in the menu that appears and then cliking 'Edit' in the 'Manage Rainmeter dialog. A file automatically opened. I try to use attach below but keep getting error invalid file name, so I copy-paste :

edit : file content removed.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Resolved via another post on this board (courtesy of jsmorley). I add the following to rainmeter's code :

HideOnMouseOver=2
FadeDuration=0
AlphaValue=1

presto!

thx balala
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote:Resolved via another post on this board (courtesy of jsmorley). I add the following to rainmeter's code :

HideOnMouseOver=2
FadeDuration=0
AlphaValue=1
I didn't think to this solution, but definitely is very good! Congratulations. That's one reason why I love Rainmeter: there's always something to learn!