It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:31 am

Cannot download skins at all

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Nabu

Cannot download skins at all

Post by Nabu »

Hi,

I cannot download skins anymore from deviantart.com. I can browse web site, but get problems when attempting to download a skin. It says "No connection" or "Disconnected". Tried several browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) and changed DNS settings. No success. It seems the download links are somehow blocked. Not sure if it's a problem with my location.

Finally I was able to download some skins today using the service below:
http://hideme.be/

Never got such problems before. This is the case for last 4-5 days only. No problems on customize.org.

Any experiences?
Active Colors

Re: Cannot download skins at all

Post by Active Colors »

I can only assume that you have troubles with URLs which start with https. I can't know for sure, but this is what I had some time ago.
Nabu

Post by Nabu »

Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

EDIT: I updated this post
Well, the second url is, from one side is download link, from the other is not. It 100% would work couple of years ago before they added token sytem for downloading deviations.

If this url is not yours (presumably you got it from somwhere else) then you should be redirected to the deviation page.

The token included in the url works only for the person who got this download url, and it will work for this person only for the first ~10 minutes after opening the deviation page. After this time the url is considered to be expired and will redirect to the deviation page.

If it is you who got this url (presumably thant you copied url from the download button) then as I stated this url will work for you only for the first 10 minutes after you loaded the page. After this time if entered this url you will be redirected to the deviation page.

As I said above, your url is not 100% direct. The direct url will look like
It is direct and will work for everyone.
Nabu

Post by Nabu »

I just copied it from download button by right clicking. It's a sample only. It's all the same with all downloads from deviantart.

When I click the second link I get a white empty page with a warning: Connection closed, Disconnected or something like that, without any error code. My language is not english, so I can't write exactly what it is.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Nabu wrote:I just copied it from download button by right clicking. It's a sample only. It's all the same with all downloads from deviantart.

When I click the second link I get a white empty page with a warning: Connection closed, Disconnected or something like that, without any error code. My language is not english, so I can't write exactly what it is.
I updated my previous post with some additional info about the download system of deviantart.

What browser are you using? Probably it does not support token system. Open http://moshiab.deviantart.com/art/Sphynx-The-Weather-Channel-585641202 from another browser and see if download starts for you.
Nabu

Post by Nabu »

Active Colors wrote:I updated my previous post with some additional info about the download system of deviantart.

What browser are you using? Probably it does not support token system. Open http://moshiab.deviantart.com/art/Sphynx-The-Weather-Channel-585641202 from another browser and see if download starts for you.
Did you read my first post? If not, read it please.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Nabu wrote:Did you read my first post? If not, read it please.
Sorry, I misread that part of your post. I don't have any more ideas what could be your problem then.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Nabu, it would be interesting to see what's happening if you could try to download on another computer. Is this possible?
Nabu

Post by Nabu »

balala wrote:Nabu, it would be interesting to see what's happening if you could try to download on another computer. Is this possible?
I've alraedy tried it on two different computers and 3 OS's. One with Vista+Win 7 dual boot at office and another one with XP at home. Disabled all "Anti"-Software, all add-ons if any. IE8, IE9, IE11, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, yes even QtWeb. Nothing helped. I'm pulling my hair out.

I found a workaround using http://hideme.be. But I hate problems and they must be solved.