[ Direct Link ]
• Scale, rotate, and apply perspective to model
• Optional auto-rotation
• Optional edge interpolation renders edges as points
• Automatically fits and centers model
• Uses no CPU while not being interacted with
• Supports .obj files
• Provides self-calibrating load time estimates
• Scroll to zoom.
• Scroll over or click arrows to adjust pitch/roll/yaw.
Warning: It is recommended to turn off auto-rotation before loading a complex model.
Q: Loading a model froze Rainmeter.
A: Depending on the complexity of the model, it may take several minutes to load, during which Rainmeter will appear to be frozen. Rainmeter will be fully responsive after loading is complete.
To interrupt a load in progress, delete "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Hologram\@Resources\Meters.inc"
Looking for 3D models to try? Thingiverse has a wide variety. Files will need to be converted to .obj format, either online or using Windows 8/10's 3D Builder app. You can use MeshLab to decimate (reduce) or subdivide (increase) the vertices of models.
- Added left/right scroll anywhere to adjust yaw.
- Added middle mouse click to toggle settings.
- Added 3rd axis of rotation, roll.
- Stabilized calibration of load time estimation algorithm.
- Now gives "invalid file" error if selected file contains no vertices.
- Added adjustable perspective.
- Added adjustable edge interpolation - uses additional points to render lines.
- Eliminated load time when loading a model with fewer points than are currently loaded.
- Added point preloading - load once, and don't experience load times again until loading a more complex model or using high edge interpolation settings.
- All actions that require reloading will prompt for confirmation.
- Point count is now displayed alongside load time estimate.
- Now prints model point count to log.
- Added self-calibrating algorithm to estimate load times. Estimates may be inaccurate if calibrated on very small files.
- File load now scans file and provides a load time estimate, then prompts for load confirmation.
- Now prints load time to log.
- Optimized rendering by precalculating sin/cos ψ/θ.
- Fixed custom color not taking effect after refresh.
- Fixed bug where setting file or color to blank would make their settings fields unclickable.