It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:45 am

Dimmer

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
rory

Dimmer

Post by rory »

It dims screens. Set it to Stay Topmost and Click Through. If you want to change its opacity, open dim.ini and change the value ImageAlpha. Make sure it is between 0 and 255, as 0 is completely transparent and 255 is completely dark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Dimmer

Post by eclectic-tech »

rory wrote:It dims screens. Set it to Stay Topmost and Click Through. If you want to change its opacity, open dim.ini and change the value ImageAlpha. Make sure it is between 0 and 255, as 0 is completely transparent and 255 is completely dark.
Nice!

I made a similar skin a while ago, but there didn't seem to be much interest; Dim-WIT might give you some more ideas. :)
StArL0rd84

Re: Dimmer

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Made a similar skin although a little more fleshed out.
I wonder if you have the issue where holding down shift to highlight text or resizing image in Photoshop seems dodgy.
It's like the mouse is fighting the skin for topmost "rights". idk

Example:
1. I click at the end of a line.
2. I hold down shift.
3. i click at the beginning of the line.

Desired behavior:
Line is highlighted.

Current Behavior.
Mouse cursor returns to normal.
And when i click at the beginning of line, text editor window is taken out of focus,
Almost like i clicked on the Dim Skin. (Even though it is !ClickThrough)

When i set the skin update interval to 16 (Which is the fastest possible) and click REALLY fast at the beginning of the line, i can highlight the text.
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))