It is currently April 26th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Calendar dates disappeared

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
locke94

Calendar dates disappeared

Post by locke94 »

Hi, today my calendar dates disappeared in rainmeter ( using enigma skin btw) , in logs it gives me some error (Script: Calendar.lua:204: invalid value (nil) at index 3 in table for 'concat'). I will attach a screen below for you. Rainmeter is updated to the latest 3.3 beta version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
locke94

Re: Calendar dates disappeared

Post by locke94 »

Fixed that by some changes in the lua.
jjmdarkeagle

Post by jjmdarkeagle »

Would you mind sharing the changes that fixed it? I know a bit of scripting but literally nothing about using lua.
login62

Post by login62 »

I'm having the same problem as well, can you please share the changes you made in the calendar.lua file. Thanks!! :(
login62

Post by login62 »

jjmdarkeagle wrote:Would you mind sharing the changes that fixed it? I know a bit of scripting but literally nothing about using lua.
hey I found a fix to the calendar, copy paste this into your calendar.lua file, hopefully this works for you too!

https://github.com/Kaelri/Enigma/blob/master/Skins/Enigma/%40Resources/Measures/Calendar.lua
jjmdarkeagle

Post by jjmdarkeagle »

Nice, that works for me. Doesn't seem to have holidays like the original (since it's a completely different script) but it gets the job done. Thanks for sharing your solution!
womprat

Post by womprat »

This linked script does work, but it's not a good solution since it doesn't actually retain the calendar's features.

The holidays are indeed removed. There's no dot assigned and no popup upon scrollover. I know little about scripting, but the script is significantly different and twice as long as the original -- yet it doesn't seem to add any more features (in fact, the opposite).

Perhaps someone can actually fix the existing script rather than replacing it with one that removes features. Something happened on November 1st to break the script. Daylight Savings Time? Something unique to DST in 2015? That's when it broke.

Ideally, the original author would push a full update to the skin. Enigma hasn't been updated since, what -- 2012? However, it seems Kaeleri has moved on. S/he doesn't respond on the dA page, nor do they respond to reports of issues on GitHub, and apparently the Enigma thread on these forums has been removed. (Can't seem to locate it via Search and the link from the Enigma website is broken). While this is a shame, it's the author's call. However, Rainmeter might want to consider pulling the Enigma screencap from in the slideshow on the home page... so you aren't promoting use of a broken skin.

Btw, moderators, this thread might get more activity and a better shot of someone fixing the broken skin if "Enigma" is in the title.
dctrbnsttr

Post by dctrbnsttr »

found LuaCalendar 5 skin by smurfier on deviant art . believe he contributed the original calender skin in enigma. I simply unloaded the enigma calendar skin and loaded the LuaCalendar skin. problem solved!
womprat

Post by womprat »

dctrbnsttr wrote:found LuaCalendar 5 skin by smurfier on deviant art . believe he contributed the original calender skin in enigma. I simply unloaded the enigma calendar skin and loaded the LuaCalendar skin. problem solved!
Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

While this isn't a fix for Enigma's calendar, it is even better. It contains multiple calendar styles, one of which is identical to Enigma, and it contains all Enigma features plus more. And, it's up-to-date and easy to customize.