It is currently January 20th, 2022, 2:30 pm

CPUID Hardware monitor

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
FatTails
Posts: 9
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 1:36 pm

CPUID Hardware monitor

Post by FatTails »

Hi all,

i'm using this gadget for temperatures monitoring from several years and i'm wondering if there is a way to "integrate it" in rainmeter.

the desktop sidebar gadget works reading the values from the program. It needs a so called "gadget host" running in tray in order to read the values for the desktop gadget.

I attach it both.

Image

http://ge.tt/2dWKEaQ2/v/0?c
User avatar
fonpaolo
Moderator
Posts: 1388
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CPUID Hardware monitor

Post by fonpaolo »

There are many ways in Rainmeter to obtain what you want, here are at least two ways:
HWiNFO
SpeedFan
FatTails
Posts: 9
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 1:36 pm

Re: CPUID Hardware monitor

Post by FatTails »

fonpaolo wrote:There are many ways in Rainmeter to obtain what you want, here are at least two ways:
HWiNFO
SpeedFan
Thank u. I didn't know about hwinfo. I was mainly interested to a function of CPUID gadget. it allows me to set a values ranges for each entry and the coloured bar changes its color if the entry value is near to the maximum setted value.

For example... The SSD temperature, i setted temps <38° as safe. If its temperature reaches 39° the coloured bar change in red.

Is this achievable with rainmeter too? I'm sorry, but i'm a newbie, i installed rainmeter from 2 weeks.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22449
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: CPUID Hardware monitor

Post by jsmorley »

It would actually be relatively straightforward to exactly duplicate that widget with HWiNFO and Rainmeter. However, there are a ton of skins more or less like that on deviantART. Perhaps one of them can do the job for you without having to start from scratch:

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?q=HWiNFO
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gadgets-2-0-0-522574269
FatTails
Posts: 9
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 1:36 pm

Re: CPUID Hardware monitor

Post by FatTails »

jsmorley wrote:It would actually be relatively straightforward to exactly duplicate that widget with HWiNFO and Rainmeter. However, there are a ton of skins more or less like that on deviantART. Perhaps one of them can do the job for you without having to start from scratch:

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?q=HWiNFO
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gadgets-2-0-0-522574269
oh thank u. All those skins will be very useful excercise for learning. Last question. Is it not possible to read the mainboard temp in HWinfo? I can't find it.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22449
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: CPUID Hardware monitor

Post by jsmorley »

FatTails wrote:oh thank u. All those skins will be very useful excercise for learning. Last question. Is it not possible to read the mainboard temp in HWinfo? I can't find it.
Glad to help.

As to what is available in HWiNFO, that depends on what sensors are available on your system. The motherboard temperature is available for me.
1.jpg
2.jpg
My system is a bit hot right now, as I am playing Guild Wars in the background... ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.