It is currently May 20th, 2024, 9:14 pm

How Do I Get CPU Temps w/ organiC 2?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
teetar

How Do I Get CPU Temps w/ organiC 2?

Post by teetar »

Hello, just started using Rainmeter for the first time (so in the first place, I have no idea what I'm doing), and I downloaded the organiC 2 skin for Rainmeter and I'm trying to figure out the Core Temperature function, but looking through the .ini file that comes up when I "edit" the skin reveals very little, so I assume most of the other parts are stored somewhere else. How can I make this show my actual CPU temp? I assume I'll have to download some CPU monitoring program that this skin uses, and if so, what is it? Need I do anything other than refresh the skin after downloading this program to "link" them?

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this was already answered elsewhere. I did check Google, and the actual description of the skin fairly thoroughly before I came here.
Droyk

Re: How Do I Get CPU Temps w/ organiC 2?

Post by Droyk »

Its easy Download and install Core temp and Msi afterburner

Here are the links
For Core temp
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

For Msi Afterburner
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/msi-afterburner-beta-download,28.html

and after that refresh the rainmeter and that's it
Now rainmeter will show you your cpu and gpu temp. :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@Droyk beat me to the answer...

Yes, you need to download and run CoreTemp in order to see temp readings in the Organic2 skin.

I don't think you need MSIAfterburner, but it won't hurt to install that along with SpeedFan, which together, these 3 should cover most skins that show temps and other details.
teetar

Post by teetar »

Thanks for your responses! The alcpu website appears to be down, but I found another download from another website. Everything works fine now! I just need to add some icons to finish up my new layout.

Edit: My question's been answered, so I really don't expect any more answers on this thread, but rather than create a new one I'll just tack this on here (sorry if this breaks policy, and if this gets no answers, I shall not create a new thread anyways). I'm trying to create some custom icons and was wondering if there was an easy enough way to do it with Rainmeter. I'm creating jpg files that I want to appear on desktop and link to an application or webpage. This seems simple, but I'm unfamiliar with the Rainmeter language, as well as where things should go.

Basically, where do I want to store the images to be used for the icon (or do I just give the skin a path to it anyways?), where do I create the "skin_name.ini" files, and what do I have to put in them? I'd imagine it will only take something along the lines of "Image=#imagepath#" // "Leftmousedownaction=!something #application/webpage directory#" but I always see a bunch of other stuff mixed in with skins that doesn't make sense to me.

Any direction on this will be greatly appreciated, and thanks to those who have already answered my question!
Last edited by teetar on September 16th, 2015, 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

teetar wrote:Thanks for your responses! The alcpu website appears to be down, but I found another download from another website. Everything works fine now! I just need to add some icons to finish up my new layout.
Good for U :welcome: