It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:15 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
wrapperNo1

Re: Gadgets 7.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by wrapperNo1 »

SilverAzide wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:44 pm It was? Huh, I didn't know that, so thanks a lot for the info! But do you mean "Performance Monitor" or "Resource Monitor"? I get those two confused. But it wouldn't be difficult to add an option to toggle. The Top Process gadgets will pop up Resource Monitor, so that's what I use.

Oh yeah, my bad. I meant the Resource Monitor. I've always had the ability to open it with double-clicking the AllCPUMeter, so never had to remember its name :lol:

Luckily, I still have the old gadgets installed, so I fired them up to take a screenshot of AllCPUMeter settings, there is a dropdown at the bottom which lets you select between the Task Manager and the Resource Monitor :)
2021-12-07 17_00_28-.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

wrapperNo1 wrote: December 7th, 2021, 2:03 pm Oh yeah, my bad. I meant the Resource Monitor. I've always had the ability to open it with double-clicking the AllCPUMeter, so never had to remember its name :lol:

Luckily, I still have the old gadgets installed, so I fired them up to take a screenshot of AllCPUMeter settings, there is a dropdown at the bottom which lets you select between the Task Manager and the Resource Monitor :)
Excellent info, thanks! I'll add this feature into the next version of the Gadgets!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
wrapperNo1

Post by wrapperNo1 »

SilverAzide wrote: December 7th, 2021, 6:41 pm Excellent info, thanks! I'll add this feature into the next version of the Gadgets!
Much appreciated. You're a superhero, mate!
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hello.
I just updated and restarted ... AND ...
Is it serious doctor ?
Thank you.
See you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

philumax wrote: December 8th, 2021, 6:31 pm Hello.
I just updated and restarted ... AND ...

Is it serious doctor ?
Thank you.
See you.
It looks like your Performance Counters database got corrupted somewhere along the way. It happens sometimes, nothing to worry about. Try the instructions here:

HOW TO Fix your Performance Counters database

P.S.: We have the same wallpaper, LOL.
philumax

Post by philumax »

It worked !
That's great !
Thanks again !
For the wallpaper I am using Deskscape 11.
I have over a hundred animated wallpapers: I have time to see it coming! Image
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Me again, apologize in advance,

IDK when it appeared (was likely on the new years but may have been a day or two before) but now the calendar has a 'tittle' full of Asian characters (I think Chinese, but I easily could be mistaken) - It does not show in settings screen, I have tried every toggle and it won't go away, and it 'breaks' the boarder limit (Side to side) of the meter. - Reminds me of the bug I had with the Drives meter where it had an odd character at the very bottom(Its gone now, and again idk what caused it or how I fixed it, if I even did)

Can anyone tell me how to make the characters go away, or at least what they say?

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 3:52 pm Me again, apologize in advance,

IDK when it appeared (was likely on the new years but may have been a day or two before) but now the calendar has a 'tittle' full of Asian characters (I think Chinese, but I easily could be mistaken) - It does not show in settings screen, I have tried every toggle and it won't go away, and it 'breaks' the boarder limit (Side to side) of the meter. - Reminds me of the bug I had with the Drives meter where it had an odd character at the very bottom(Its gone now, and again idk what caused it or how I fixed it, if I even did)

Can anyone tell me how to make the characters go away, or at least what they say?
Hello! This sometime happens, although I've never been able to duplicate it personally. When the calendar loads for the very first time, it will attempt to fetch the language-specific day and month names for your locale. It appears that the day names worked, but somehow the month names are broken (the gibberish you see is Unicode text in non-Unicode form). Fortunately, this is really easy to fix.

You have two options, both should work. Using Notepad or your preferred editor, open the CalendarVariables.inc file, which is typically found here:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\@Resources\CalendarVariables.inc

Near the bottom of the file, you'll find two variables, DayLabels and MonthLabels. Your DayLabels appears OK, but MonthLabels is messed up. Your first option is to set it to blank, save the file, and refresh the Calendar. It will attempt to reconfigure the labels again, which hopefully should work. If it doesn't, or if you prefer to just set the variable yourself, set the variable as follows:

Code: Select all

MonthLabels=Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec
Let me know if you have any additional issues!
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

super weird, cuz copy and paste somehow does not copy the characters(Screenshot to show)

Am going to try to just delete the asian text and see what happens...

Deleted those characters and saved, even when refreshed, unloaded-reloaded, etc, still shows (Characters are no longer in the CalanderVariables.inc file)

Oops ok ignore. Your fixed worked, somehow I had 2 document folders and rainmeter(for whatever reason) has its own 'documents' folder on a separate drive than the rest of my stuff(while also having the duplicate but unused folders in with the rest)
Last edited by AtmaDarkwolf on January 2nd, 2022, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 4:27 pm super weird, cuz copy and paste somehow does not copy the characters(Screenshot to show)

Am going to try to just delete the asian text and see what happens...

Deleted those characters and saved, even when refreshed, unloaded-reloaded, etc, still shows (Characters are no longer in the CalanderVariables.inc file)
Does it work if you set the variables manually?

DayLabels=S|M|T|W|T|F|S
MonthLabels=Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec
P.S.: What do you get if you open a PowerShell prompt and run the command

(Get-Culture).DateTimeFormat.AbbreviatedMonthNames
?