It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:25 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: October 26th, 2021, 5:50 pm Ok thank you that worked. Now that it all works, I have to tell you thank you so much for all the time you spent here with an idiot. I REALLY appreciate it, and hope I was not too frustrating to deal with. Once again, thank you.
Haha! :rofl:
No problem, glad you got it all working!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Tyfting

Post by Tyfting »

Hello

I have a problem with the ALL CPU Meter. It doesn't show any ram, pagefile or cpu usage. How can i fix this?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Tyfting wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:54 pm Hello

I have a problem with the ALL CPU Meter. It doesn't show any ram, pagefile or cpu usage. How can i fix this?

Thanks.
I'm guessing your Windows performance counters database has become corrupted. It happens from time to time, no big deal. Try this:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database

Let me know if this resolves your problem!
Tyfting

Post by Tyfting »

SilverAzide wrote: October 27th, 2021, 12:12 am I'm guessing your Windows performance counters database has become corrupted. It happens from time to time, no big deal. Try this:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database

Let me know if this resolves your problem!
That fixed it :)

Thank you very much, for the help and the gadgets.
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

2021-10-27 09_23_22-G__Documents_Rainmeter_Skins_Gadgets_All CPU Meter_Node #0_All CPU Meter.ini.png
Here I am again to annoy you :P

Feel free to say no if its not possible, but a tiny thing that bugs that OCD part my my squishy mass in my skull, is that the numbers don't line up (example, 1[xxdeg] to 9[xxdeg] are pushed to the left.

Is there a way to edit the file so that there is a leading space infront of 1-9 just so it looks a little cleaner?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: October 27th, 2021, 3:29 pm Feel free to say no if its not possible, but a tiny thing that bugs that OCD part my my squishy mass in my skull, is that the numbers don't line up (example, 1[xxdeg] to 9[xxdeg] are pushed to the left.

Is there a way to edit the file so that there is a leading space infront of 1-9 just so it looks a little cleaner?
So, yes, it is possible, but it is not trivial in this case. This skin dynamically labels the logical cores based on the CPU or NUMA node and whether a temperature monitor is active. The labels are all left-aligned, so you'd need to split the captions up so the core is right-aligned, the temps are left-aligned, and you'd need to take into account handling cases where the alignment isn't needed, etc. So it gets way too complicated if you want to do it right.

But if you want to hack together a fix that works just for you, that is not such a big deal. You need to edit the CpuMeter.lua script. Find the line that looks like this:

Code: Select all

SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text", (nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
Replace it with this:

Code: Select all

if nCoreIndex + 1 < 10 then
  SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text", "  " .. (nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
else
  SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text", (nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
end
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Right on perfect, thanks that worked.
DJ-Specter

Post by DJ-Specter »

I thought I'd raise that after updating from 6x to 7x the other day, my AllCPU meter now shows the cores running at 127% when they're maxed out, not 100%!

Is this a known bug?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

DJ-Specter wrote: November 7th, 2021, 6:11 pm I thought I'd raise that after updating from 6x to 7x the other day, my AllCPU meter now shows the cores running at 127% when they're maxed out, not 100%!

Is this a known bug?
It's not a bug. The skin is correctly showing that your CPU is in boost/turbo mode, thus running overclocked. Check this wiki article out:

INFO: CPU performance exceeds 100%

If you would like to revert to Windows 7-style time-based performance monitoring, open the Settings skin and check the Use Legacy Mode option.
kurokin

Post by kurokin »

Loving the skin, was wondering if it would be possible to add drive temperature to the Drives meter, like in the screenshot provided? Just to be able to keep an eye on these pesky NVME drive temps.