It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:34 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
APK17

Re: Gadgets 7.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by APK17 »

SilverAzide wrote: August 27th, 2021, 11:48 am Ah, OK! That doesn't have anything to do with the Rainmeter version. It looks like an improperly installed Gadgets suite; for some reason the plugins were not updated. Try re-installing (you should not lose your settings) and to be double-sure all is well, check the options for all the plugins even if the indication is that the versions are the same. Let me know if you still have any issues!
Bingo, that did it. Interesting that the gadgets worked seemingly fine before the upgrade to Rainmeter 4.5. All's well that ends well though.

Thank you!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

APK17 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:53 pm Bingo, that did it. Interesting that the gadgets worked seemingly fine before the upgrade to Rainmeter 4.5. All's well that ends well though.

Thank you!
OK, great news! Thanks for getting back to me, I was worried I hosed up the last Gadgets release somehow. Appreciate it!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
djamman

Post by djamman »

djamman wrote: August 25th, 2021, 12:17 pm I actually use an ellipse (just barely) and prefer a calmer display. Purely personal taste.

Code: Select all

Shape=Ellipse ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:X]+(#C.w#/2)), ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:Y]+(#C.h#/2)-1),(2+#C.w#/2),(1+#C.h#/2) | Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Strokewidth (Max(2,#Scale#)) | Stroke Color #ColorFontTitle#
calendar.png
Very minor tweak, the ellipse runs into the day column headings so I changed the y-axis height.

Code: Select all

Shape=Ellipse ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:X]+(#C.w#/2)), ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:Y]+(#C.h#/2)-1),(2+#C.w#/2),(#C.h#/2-1) | Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Strokewidth (Max(2,#Scale#)) | Stroke Color #ColorFontTitle#
Doug
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

djamman wrote: September 4th, 2021, 6:20 pm Very minor tweak, the ellipse runs into the day column headings so I changed the y-axis height.

Doug
Got it, thanks! The tolerances are getting kinda tight, I might need to move the first row down a pixel...
ghanna24

Post by ghanna24 »

Hi,

I've been using Gadget for some time now. Since I've updated Rainmeter 4.5, HWinfo 7.06, and Gadgets 7, I can't seem to get the CPU Meter nor the GPU Meter to update every 0.5 seconds opposed to every one second. I can however get the Wireless Meter and Drive Meter to do so by changing the line "Update=500". I go into Manage Skin, Edit button, and change the value under [Rainmeter] to Update=500, but nothing happens; still updates every second. Any ideas on why this works on some and not others?

Thanks,
ghanna24
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ghanna24 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 7:35 am I go into Manage Skin, Edit button, and change the value under [Rainmeter] to Update=500, but nothing happens; still updates every second. Any ideas on why this works on some and not others?
Did you refresh the skin? I suppose you didn't. If you really didn't, do it.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ghanna24 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 7:35 am Hi,

I've been using Gadget for some time now. Since I've updated Rainmeter 4.5, HWinfo 7.06, and Gadgets 7, I can't seem to get the CPU Meter nor the GPU Meter to update every 0.5 seconds opposed to every one second. I can however get the Wireless Meter and Drive Meter to do so by changing the line "Update=500". I go into Manage Skin, Edit button, and change the value under [Rainmeter] to Update=500, but nothing happens; still updates every second. Any ideas on why this works on some and not others?

Thanks,
ghanna24
Hello, I'm glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! I'm not sure why you would want to update so frequently, but it is up to you. To answer your question, you will need to check several items.
  • First, make sure HWiNFO is updating at 500ms intervals to match the skins.
  • Second, go through each of the skins and look for a variable SmoothFactor. Change the value to 1, if it it not already set to 1. This is used to smooth out the curves slightly, which you will not need to do with a faster update rate.
  • Third, for the CPU Meter and GPU Meter specifically, make sure you are editing the proper skin file. Do not add an Update=500 line to the top of any of these .ini files; it will be ignored. Instead, you change the line in the CpuMain.inc or GpuMain.inc files, which is where all the skin code actually resides. I am guessing this is why these two are not working for you while the rest are.
Let me know if you need anything else.
ghanna24

Post by ghanna24 »

balala wrote: September 8th, 2021, 10:49 am Did you refresh the skin? I suppose you didn't. If you really didn't, do it.
Yes, refreshed and unloaded/loaded.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ghanna24 wrote: September 8th, 2021, 4:36 pm Yes, refreshed and unloaded/loaded.
Did you try my instructions above?
ghanna24

Post by ghanna24 »

SilverAzide wrote: September 8th, 2021, 12:27 pm Hello, I'm glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! I'm not sure why you would want to update so frequently, but it is up to you. To answer your question, you will need to check several items.
  • First, make sure HWiNFO is updating at 500ms intervals to match the skins.
  • Second, go through each of the skins and look for a variable SmoothFactor. Change the value to 1, if it it not already set to 1. This is used to smooth out the curves slightly, which you will not need to do with a faster update rate.
  • Third, for the CPU Meter and GPU Meter specifically, make sure you are editing the proper skin file. Do not add an Update=500 line to the top of any of these .ini files; it will be ignored. Instead, you change the line in the CpuMain.inc or GpuMain.inc files, which is where all the skin code actually resides. I am guessing this is why these two are not working for you while the rest are.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Hey SA, the .inc files you mentioned fixed the issue. Thx!
-ghanna24