It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:00 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
IVBela

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by IVBela »

SilverAzide wrote: May 28th, 2021, 1:36 am Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! I don't have a donation link, but if you want, you can make a donation to the Alzheimer's Association. They could use a donation a lot more than me!
Done. And a huge respect to you! :thumbup: Thank you for your work.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Clavius_HG wrote: May 28th, 2021, 3:57 am Hey there! I'm a big fan of this rainmeter skin, thank you so much for making it! I stuck to Win7 and used gadgets for a loooong time, but recently moved to Win10 and it's fantastic to have familiar monitoring on the new computer.

I just took the time today to set these up and get all the temps configured with HWiNFO. I noticed that when I scale the size of a gadget to something lower than 1, like .8 the background disappears. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Hi, glad you like the Gadgets! I do see what you are saying, and it's kind of a bug and kind of a Rainmeter issue. It's more related to laziness on my part, LOL. If you enter ".8" you will get a blank background, but if you use a leading zero, as in "0.8" or "0.80", then it works properly. Rainmeter does not like decimal values with no leading zeros.
TallShultzy

Post by TallShultzy »

TallShultzy wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 10:43 am I've just updated to the latest HWiNFO from a pre v7. As I'm running your GPU Meter v5.4.3 I had the "HWiNFO not detected message". I set the "Shared Memory Support" to on and the meter refreshed and carried on working (I read that the check box only lasts 12 hours but I haven't had to recheck it for three days). I've read all the notes on reconfiguring HWiNFO and updating you GPU Meter to v6.1.1 but before I make the changes how come GPU Meter v5.4.3 is still working and are the results likely to be wrong?Capture01.PNG
I've used HWiNFO64 v7.044480 since may 23rd and its still recognising it with your GPU Meter v5.4.3. so the 12 hour limit seems false.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

TallShultzy wrote: May 29th, 2021, 11:22 am I've used HWiNFO64 v7.044480 since may 23rd and its still recognising it with your GPU Meter v5.4.3. so the 12 hour limit seems false.
Interesting! Maybe keep that info on the down-low, LOL. ;-)
Clavius_HG

Post by Clavius_HG »

SilverAzide wrote: May 28th, 2021, 6:45 pm Hi, glad you like the Gadgets! I do see what you are saying, and it's kind of a bug and kind of a Rainmeter issue. It's more related to laziness on my part, LOL. If you enter ".8" you will get a blank background, but if you use a leading zero, as in "0.8" or "0.80", then it works properly. Rainmeter does not like decimal values with no leading zeros.
Wow, that worked! Thanks!

Now that I've got them scaled down to 0.80, I've noticed that the weather gadget won't go as far to the right side of the screen as the others. Almost like the resize didn't work as far as the window snapping is concerned. I tried holding down the ctrl key and it still won't go all the way to the right. Is there a way I can fix that?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Oh yes, I didn't notice that. :-( Thanks for letting me know! Maybe someday I'll get all the bugs worked out... (Then again, maybe not... :))

OK, for this one, you'll need to edit the skin. Fortunately, the fix is easy. Right click the skin and select the Edit skin option. At the very top, somewhere in the [Rainmeter] section, add the following line:

Code: Select all

SkinWidth=(#BgWidth# * #Scale#)
That should allow the skin to properly "snap" to the right edge of the screen. The bottom edge of the Weather Meter will still act a little wonky (things may or may not snap to the bottom edge, depending on your settings [the Drives Meter has a similar issue when the scale is <> 1.00]). I'll include this fix in the next release. Let me know if you find anything else!
Clavius_HG

Post by Clavius_HG »

SilverAzide wrote: June 1st, 2021, 12:53 pm Oh yes, I didn't notice that. :-( Thanks for letting me know! Maybe someday I'll get all the bugs worked out... (Then again, maybe not... :))

OK, for this one, you'll need to edit the skin. Fortunately, the fix is easy. Right click the skin and select the Edit skin option. At the very top, somewhere in the [Rainmeter] section, add the following line:

Code: Select all

SkinWidth=(#BgWidth# * #Scale#)
That should allow the skin to properly "snap" to the right edge of the screen. The bottom edge of the Weather Meter will still act a little wonky (things may or may not snap to the bottom edge, depending on your settings [the Drives Meter has a similar issue when the scale is <> 1.00]). I'll include this fix in the next release. Let me know if you find anything else!
No worries at all -- that was easy to fix on my end once you told me how! If I happen to find any other issues I will let you know!
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

HWinfo now only allows 12hrs of memory sharing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: , asking people to buy Pro version.
Is there any other alternative beside Hwinfo?
Coretemp could be alternative for CPU, not sure about GPU.

Or, just use old version of hwinfo.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

iieeann wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm HWinfo now only allows 12hrs of memory sharing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: , asking people to buy Pro version.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=37160
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

iieeann wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm HWinfo now only allows 12hrs of memory sharing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: , asking people to buy Pro version.

There's not a good free alternative for the GPU. But you can still use the free version of HWiNFO! Just upgrade to the latest 6.x version of the Gadgets and the latest 7.x HWiNFO. The newest Gadgets version does not use the Shared Memory feature (the HWiNFO author worked with the Rainmeter devs and has provided a work-around that we can use). Detailed setup instructions can be found here. It's a lot simpler than before!

Edit: D'Oh! Ninja'd by JSMorley again! :) That link also has a lot of good info!