It is currently March 19th, 2024, 9:57 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
TallShultzy

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by TallShultzy »

I've just updated to the latest HWiNFO from a pre v7. As I'm running your GPU Meter v5.4.3 I had the "HWiNFO not detected message". I set the "Shared Memory Support" to on and the meter refreshed and carried on working (I read that the check box only lasts 12 hours but I haven't had to recheck it for three days). I've read all the notes on reconfiguring HWiNFO and updating you GPU Meter to v6.1.1 but before I make the changes how come GPU Meter v5.4.3 is still working and are the results likely to be wrong?
Capture01.PNG
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

TallShultzy wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 10:43 am I've just updated to the latest HWiNFO from a pre v7. As I'm running your GPU Meter v5.4.3 I had the "HWiNFO not detected message". I set the "Shared Memory Support" to on and the meter refreshed and carried on working (I read that the check box only lasts 12 hours but I haven't had to recheck it for three days). I've read all the notes on reconfiguring HWiNFO and updating you GPU Meter to v6.1.1 but before I make the changes how come GPU Meter v5.4.3 is still working and are the results likely to be wrong?
I don't know this for sure since I have not tried it, but I think the "12 hour" time limit is 12 hours of use (not 12 hours by the clock). So for example, if you run HWiNFO for 4 hours a day, it should not require rechecking the shared memory option until the 4th day. Also, I think the 32-bit HWiNFO doesn't have a time limit, so that could be it as well.

So the GPU Meter v5.x should work fine with HWiNFO 7.x, the only issue is the shared memory option only working for 12 hours. The results are not likely to be wrong, so no worries there (it would only be wrong if the configuration is wrong or HWiNFO doesn't recognize your hardware).

Hope this answers your questions!
TallShultzy

Post by TallShultzy »

Yes thanks. I'll update you when I find out what the "12 hours" refers to.
IVBela

Post by IVBela »

Dear SilverAzide, first of all big thank you for this amazing piece of work. I was using the original sidebar gadgets for ages, moved on like a year ago to yours, and I'm all satisfied ever since.

I have a bug since 6.x.x though with the CPU Meter. I set it up as per the instructions, in settings set Max CPU Fan RPM to 100, waiting for it to "learn" the maximum value. But that never happens. CPU speed always shows 100%, even though the number itself keeps changing (it's moving between 1236-1260 right now). The max value in settings stays at 100. Waited for weeks, still the same. Several reboots since, nothing, speed bar is at 100% and so is the graph for CPU speed. Am I doing something wrong?

cpu.JPG
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

IVBela wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:29 pm Dear SilverAzide, first of all big thank you for this amazing piece of work. I was using the original sidebar gadgets for ages, moved on like a year ago to yours, and I'm all satisfied ever since.

I have a bug since 6.x.x though with the CPU Meter. I set it up as per the instructions, in settings set Max CPU Fan RPM to 100, waiting for it to "learn" the maximum value. But that never happens. CPU speed always shows 100%, even though the number itself keeps changing (it's moving between 1236-1260 right now). The max value in settings stays at 100. Waited for weeks, still the same. Several reboots since, nothing, speed bar is at 100% and so is the graph for CPU speed. Am I doing something wrong?
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! Sorry you are having issues. The only thing I can think of is perhaps a setting got changed (or I screwed up!). Open the HWiNFO.inc file and scroll all the way down to the bottom. You should see a variable FanMaxAutoUpdate. Make sure it is set to 1. If it is set to some other value, your max fan speeds will not be "learned". Let me know if the value is already set to 1, then it might be a bug.

If you get it working, the next thing you can do is try running something that gets your system really heated up. There are some CPU stress test apps/sites that you can use to get things nice and toasty.
IVBela

Post by IVBela »

Yup, it is set:

Code: Select all

FanCpuMax=100
FanGpuMax=2790
FanMaxAutoUpdate=1
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

IVBela wrote: May 26th, 2021, 6:22 am Yup, it is set:
Well.. dang it. Looks like I screwed up. Sorry about that. I think broke it in v6.1.0 when I rolled back the code to fix the performance issues. You will need to edit the skin to fix this, unfortunately. I'm surprised there are not errors in the log, because there is a typo in addition to a code mistake.

Edit the CPU Meter skin and find the measure MeasureSpeedFanCPUFanRpm. Replace the measure with this:

[MeasureSpeedFanCPUFanRpm]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Fan
SpeedFanNumber=0
IfConditionMode=1
IfCondition=(MeasureSpeedFanCPUFanRpm > #FanCpuMax#) && (MeasureSpeedFanCPUFanRpm < 10000) && (#FanMaxAutoUpdate# = 1)
IfTrueAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables FanCpuMax [MeasureSpeedFanCPUFanRpm] "#@#HWiNFO.inc"][!SetVariable FanCpuMax ([MeasureSpeedFanCPUFanRpm])]
Group=SpeedFanFans
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1
Next (this is the more important one for your issue), find the measure MeasureHWiNFOCPUFanRpm a few lines below. Replace the measure with this:

[MeasureHWiNFOCPUFanRpm]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw[#HWiNFO_MOBO_CPUFanSpeed]
IfConditionMode=1
IfCondition=(MeasureHWiNFOCPUFanRpm > #FanCpuMax#) && (MeasureHWiNFOCPUFanRpm < 10000) && (#FanMaxAutoUpdate# = 1)
IfTrueAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables FanCpuMax [MeasureHWiNFOCPUFanRpm] "#@#HWiNFO.inc"][!SetVariable FanCpuMax ([MeasureHWiNFOCPUFanRpm])]
Group=HWiNFOFans
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1
Refresh the CPU Meter and you should immediately see your max fan speed values change (if your fan is running). Thank you for reporting this! The above fix will be in the next release.

(P.S.: The GPU Meter has a similar fan measure, but the errors are not present there.)
IVBela

Post by IVBela »

Great find! Thank you, this fixed the problem. Fan percentage is back to normal, OCD satisfied, I can sleep well now. :)

Now that I finally posted let me ask: do you happen to have a donation link? Would love to buy you a coffee for your amazing work.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

IVBela wrote: May 28th, 2021, 12:00 am Great find! Thank you, this fixed the problem. Fan percentage is back to normal, OCD satisfied, I can sleep well now. :)

Now that I finally posted let me ask: do you happen to have a donation link? Would love to buy you a coffee for your amazing work.
Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! I don't have a donation link, but if you want, you can make a donation to the Alzheimer's Association. They could use a donation a lot more than me!
Clavius_HG

Post by Clavius_HG »

Hey there! I'm a big fan of this rainmeter skin, thank you so much for making it! I stuck to Win7 and used gadgets for a loooong time, but recently moved to Win10 and it's fantastic to have familiar monitoring on the new computer.

I just took the time today to set these up and get all the temps configured with HWiNFO. I noticed that when I scale the size of a gadget to something lower than 1, like .8 the background disappears. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?