Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
philumax

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by philumax »

Good morning.
Glad to hear from you! :welcome:
Thanks, I'll do that!
Actually, I just want to keep the clock, because I disabled everything else (including a whole bunch of other programs), to make way for Folding@home.
I have a 2080 Super, 32GB of RAM, an i7 9800X, so it looks good!
Thank you again and above all, be well!
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

Good day. as you can see in the picture there is "power" and "hot spot temperature" but i can't find anything in hwinfo.inc to index it. can someone please help me?
Greetings Elysium
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Elysium wrote: June 10th, 2023, 6:23 pm Good day. as you can see in the picture there is "power" and "hot spot temperature" but i can't find anything in hwinfo.inc to index it. can someone please help me?
Greetings Elysium
Here are the instructions supplied by the author to setup the GPU gadget.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Elysium wrote: June 10th, 2023, 6:23 pm Good day. as you can see in the picture there is "power" and "hot spot temperature" but i can't find anything in hwinfo.inc to index it. can someone please help me?
Greetings Elysium
Besides the instructions referenced by Electic-Tech above, you need to be aware that not every brand and model of video card will have the same sensors, and the sensors may have different names. As shown in the image, this was an nVidia graphics card. If you have a different model or brand of GPU, then you might not have the sensors you are looking for or they could be named something else. The GPU Meter traditionally only shows GPU voltage by default, but you can show anything you want in this section (or nothing).

If you have the sensors and just don't know where to put the sensor indexes, then they go in the same section of the .INI file as the other GPU settings, in the subsection starting with the comment ; GPU optional additional monitoring.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

ahh thanks a lot SilverAzide, now I understand. :rosegift:

another question. I now see "PPT" can I also change the name?

HWiNFO_GPU0_Option1=#HWiNFO_GPU0_CoreVoltage#
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option2=1
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option3=2
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option4=5
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option5=
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option6=

ppt (power) is index 5 for me
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Elysium wrote: June 11th, 2023, 10:58 am ahh thanks a lot SilverAzide, now I understand. :rosegift:

another question. I now see "PPT" can I also change the name?

HWiNFO_GPU0_Option1=#HWiNFO_GPU0_CoreVoltage#
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option2=1
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option3=2
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option4=5
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option5=
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option6=

ppt (power) is index 5 for me
Yes, you can change the names. The simplest way is to rename the sensor in HWiNFO. In the main HWiNFO Sensors Status window, right-click the sensor and from the context menu select Rename. You can then give it any name you like. Note that the GPU Meter will strip off any leading "GPU " text, so you can name it "GPU Power" if you want (which is what my sensor is named).

The other option is to modify the skin to rename the sensor. Open the GpuMain.inc file in the lop level "GPU Meter" folder. Locate the measure [MeasureGPUOption4Label]. Change the Subsititute measure to rename the text as needed. As mentioned previously, the substitute will strip any leading "GPU " text, so if the sensor is named "GPU PPT" or whatever, the first bit is going to be removed from the text. All you need to do is add some code to fix the "PPT" part. For example, you could use something like:

Code: Select all

Substitute="^GPU ":"","^0$":"???","PPT":"Power"
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

once again, many thanks. the widget is just perfect, can set everything the way I want it. All I can say is please keep it up :thumbup:
mrsupernoodles

Post by mrsupernoodles »

Registered just to say a massive thank you for this pack!

I've been using the windows8/10 gadget pack since 2014 and finally got to the point that stuff just wasn't working any more and you have revived that for me with this pack :)

Also with regards to

HWiNFO_CPU0_Core0Clock
HWiNFO_CPU0_Core1Clock
HWiNFO_CPU0_Core2Clock

Etc is there actually any point in setting anything other than Core0Clock? because as far as i can tell the only part of the gadget that monitors the Mhz of the cores is here Image

And that only monitors a single core i dont see an option to see every core's Mhz anywhere so i assume i can just unmonitor those cores in HWinfo?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mrsupernoodles wrote: June 19th, 2023, 11:57 am Also with regards to

HWiNFO_CPU0_Core0Clock
HWiNFO_CPU0_Core1Clock
HWiNFO_CPU0_Core2Clock

Etc is there actually any point in setting anything other than Core0Clock? because as far as i can tell the only part of the gadget that monitors the Mhz of the cores is here Image

And that only monitors a single core i dont see an option to see every core's Mhz anywhere so i assume i can just unmonitor those cores in HWinfo?
Hello! Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!

Yes, you do need to add in all the core clocks. Sorry! That value you are pointing out isn't the Core 0 clock... it's the maximum value of all the core clocks, which may not be (actually, "probably won't be") core 0.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
mrsupernoodles

Post by mrsupernoodles »

SilverAzide wrote: June 19th, 2023, 10:25 pm Hello! Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!

Yes, you do need to add in all the core clocks. Sorry! That value you are pointing out isn't the Core 0 clock... it's the maximum value of all the core clocks, which may not be (actually, "probably won't be") core 0.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the repsonse.

May i ask what part of the gadget uses all of the seperate core clocks?

Because mine seems to be functioning fine with only Core0Clock enabled at the moment

or is it because i have an overclock that just selecting only core 0 works fine?

I've switched it back to monitoring Core0-5 and its still the same as you can see below so i just assume its related to all the cores running at the same clocks because of my OC