It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:21 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Heyian

Re: Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Heyian »

@SilverAside

I'm really sorry to bother you for something like this but I have an issue with the All CPU Meter and I can't figure it out. I've been using it for a while on multiple of my customers but I just built a new one with a i7-12700K and it only shows 1 core. For the life of me, I just can't get it to show all of the P and E cores...

Not sure what you need to help me out...

The index numbers are good in the config, I can see the right values in the HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List and yes, "Show Usage Per Logicial Core" is checked. I'm sot sure where to look now... I looked in the forums and I don't see anyone with this kind of issue...

Any tips?

Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Heyian wrote: November 27th, 2023, 5:31 pm @SilverAside

I'm really sorry to bother you for something like this but I have an issue with the All CPU Meter and I can't figure it out. I've been using it for a while on multiple of my customers but I just built a new one with a i7-12700K and it only shows 1 core. For the life of me, I just can't get it to show all of the P and E cores...

Not sure what you need to help me out...

The index numbers are good in the config, I can see the right values in the HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List and yes, "Show Usage Per Logicial Core" is checked. I'm sot sure where to look now... I looked in the forums and I don't see anyone with this kind of issue...

Any tips?

Thanks!
Sorry to hear you are having issues. If the skin is showing only one core, then that would indicate some process is failing. The easiest way to check is to look at your Rainmeter log. Make sure there are no errors coming from the CPU Meter skin. Using or not using HWiNFO does not matter in this case, it is not used to determine your core configuration.

The easiest way to see the log is to open the Manage dialog, select the Settings tab, then click the "Show log file" button. All you should see from the All CPU Meter skin is a message about HWiNFO being detected (or not). If you see any other message, post it here. My guess is you are having issues with the ActiveNet plugin, either it is missing or it can't run. This can happen if you copied your skins folder to your new PC without also copying your plugins folder.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Heyian

Post by Heyian »

SilverAzide wrote: November 27th, 2023, 9:59 pm Sorry to hear you are having issues. If the skin is showing only one core, then that would indicate some process is failing. The easiest way to check is to look at your Rainmeter log. Make sure there are no errors coming from the CPU Meter skin. Using or not using HWiNFO does not matter in this case, it is not used to determine your core configuration.

The easiest way to see the log is to open the Manage dialog, select the Settings tab, then click the "Show log file" button. All you should see from the All CPU Meter skin is a message about HWiNFO being detected (or not). If you see any other message, post it here. My guess is you are having issues with the ActiveNet plugin, either it is missing or it can't run. This can happen if you copied your skins folder to your new PC without also copying your plugins folder.
You were SO right! I indeed copied the skins and layouts from my previous computer and I totally forgot to copy the plugins folder. I still spent some time in the logs to figure other stuff but I gotta say that I learned a lot today. Thank you so much for your answer, you were spot on and most importantly, I didn't just fixed my issue, I learned something. Thx again (for the answer but also for the Gadgets, this thing is AMAZING :) )

Take care!
subliminal

Post by subliminal »

Hi All,

Sorry, I've been trying to get the CPU Meter Fan for a few days, but can't find what I'm doing wrong. Anyone would like to help me please?
It's the FAN settings below:

Which setting in the HWINFO.inc does that setting correspond to?
Is it this one?

I tried to match it with different HWInfo Indexes such as:
AIO Pump, CPU Fan, Chassis1, Fan1 etc...

But nothing works, it's still 0RPM. Basically, I wanted to match the AIO Pump. Any idea what I need to change to make this work please?
Intel Core i9 14900K | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex Encore | Corsair DDR5 32GB @6000MHz | Geforce RTX 3060 Ti | Corsair MP700 Pro PCIe 5 1TB | Corsair RM850x Plus Gold
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

subliminal wrote: January 7th, 2024, 2:32 pm Hi All,

Sorry, I've been trying to get the CPU Meter Fan for a few days, but can't find what I'm doing wrong. Anyone would like to help me please?
It's the FAN settings below:

Which setting in the HWINFO.inc does that setting correspond to?
Is it this one?

I tried to match it with different HWInfo Indexes such as:
AIO Pump, CPU Fan, Chassis1, Fan1 etc...

But nothing works, it's still 0RPM. Basically, I wanted to match the AIO Pump. Any idea what I need to change to make this work please?
Hello! Sorry you are running into issues. It appears from your screenshot that, yes, you do have the correct setting (showing sensor index 85).

The next thing to check are the CPU Meter settings (I assume you have not made any direct edits to the skin itself; if you have, please revert your changes). I see from your screenshot that you are not showing core temperatures. This is fine since you are only showing the overall CPU usage, but the option to show them still must be checked; if you don't show temps, then fans won't show either. So, make sure you have:

Show Usage Per Logical Core = unchecked (which you seem to have done)
Show Core Temperatures = checked
Show Temperatures Per-Core = checked (if you uncheck this, the temps will appear as a bar graph, so leave checked to match your preference)
Show Fan Usage = checked
Max CPU Fan RPM = some number greater than 0, preferably your actual max fan speed if you know it

Let me know if this helps, and if not we can keep digging into the problem.

P.S.: Use the Settings option to list your HWiNFO Sensor Indexes just to confirm that 85 is still correct. Recent changes to HWiNFO might have resulted in some indexes being reordered or disappearing (happened to me and some others when we updated to the latest HWiNFO version).
subliminal

Post by subliminal »

SilverAzide wrote: January 7th, 2024, 5:00 pm Hello! Sorry you are running into issues. It appears from your screenshot that, yes, you do have the correct setting (showing sensor index 85).

The next thing to check are the CPU Meter settings (I assume you have not made any direct edits to the skin itself; if you have, please revert your changes). I see from your screenshot that you are not showing core temperatures. This is fine since you are only showing the overall CPU usage, but the option to show them still must be checked; if you don't show temps, then fans won't show either. So, make sure you have:

Show Usage Per Logical Core = unchecked (which you seem to have done)
Show Core Temperatures = checked
Show Temperatures Per-Core = checked (if you uncheck this, the temps will appear as a bar graph, so leave checked to match your preference)
Show Fan Usage = checked
Max CPU Fan RPM = some number greater than 0, preferably your actual max fan speed if you know it
THanks a lot for your help. My settings seems ok

So I have a 3-fan AIO (Corsair) connected to my Commander Pro. Could the Commander Pro be the culprit?
I tried to change the indexes to the fans called "Corsair CLCP" in the HWINfo Indexes list, but still doesn't work.
Intel Core i9 14900K | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex Encore | Corsair DDR5 32GB @6000MHz | Geforce RTX 3060 Ti | Corsair MP700 Pro PCIe 5 1TB | Corsair RM850x Plus Gold
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

subliminal wrote: January 7th, 2024, 7:36 pm THanks a lot for your help. My settings seems ok

So I have a 3-fan AIO (Corsair) connected to my Commander Pro. Could the Commander Pro be the culprit?
I tried to change the indexes to the fans called "Corsair CLCP" in the HWINfo Indexes list, but still doesn't work.
Just so you know, the fan speed variables (HWiFNO_MOBO_CPUFanSpeed, etc.) are supposed to be for CPU fans, not case fans. So there will be only one fan shown per CPU. You'll never see the other 3 fans displayed unless you have a multi-socket motherboard and running CPU Meters for each socket. Are you using water-cooling? I see your mobo supports it, but the pump is 0 RPM and 0 liters/min, so maybe you aren't?

In any case, your settings DO look good, so you should see your fan speed showing.

So it looks to me like HWiNFO isn't even being used. I should have asked you this question first, but it didn't occur to me until now. Did you configure all the temperature sensor indexes? Make sure you have, otherwise HWiNFO is being ignored entirely. You need to configure temperature sensors for each core (or at least core 0), plus the "distance to TjMax" (for Core 0) and especially the CoreMax sensor since you are not using per-core temps. It does not matter if you don't want to display temps, you still need to configure at least core 0.
subliminal

Post by subliminal »

SilverAzide wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:18 pm So it looks to me like HWiNFO isn't even being used. I should have asked you this question first, but it didn't occur to me until now. Did you configure all the temperature sensor indexes? Make sure you have, otherwise HWiNFO is being ignored entirely. You need to configure temperature sensors for each core (or at least core 0), plus the "distance to TjMax" (for Core 0) and especially the CoreMax sensor since you are not using per-core temps. It does not matter if you don't want to display temps, you still need to configure at least core 0.
aaaah yes, THANK YOU! I did not configure Core 0 Temp, I just did and it works now! Thanks a lot!!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

subliminal wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:33 pm aaaah yes, THANK YOU! I did not configure Core 0 Temp, I just did and it works now! Thanks a lot!!
Cool! Glad you got it working! Let me know if you run into any other issues.
VolcanoCode

Post by VolcanoCode »

First of all, thank you so much for this release @SilverAzide! I was previously using ModernGagdets by raiguard, but since that project is no longer being maintained and yours is recommended by raiguard, I feel very fortunate that it has been a very easy transition for me.

One feature that I can't seem to find in forum posts or tinkering on my own is what raiguard had called "Sidebars" in ModernGadgets. This feature would designate a specific area or column of space as dedicated to the Rainmeter skin so that it was removed from the workspace and functions such as maximizing a window would treat the dedicated column as unavailable. This meant that (with the occasional refresh of Rainmeter) I could have maximized windows on one of my screens that would respect the system monitoring tools in a suite such as your Gadgets and both would be available at a glance.

Does this functionality already exist in your suite? I know raiguard had it working relatively well by the end of ModernGadgets support lifespan, but it did sound awfully finicky to develop.

If it is available and I just can't find it, please point me in the right direction. If it's not available, it could be added to the pile of ideas for future releases if you're interested :)

Thanks again for this skin!