It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:41 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Yincognito »

ptmax13 wrote: January 13th, 2024, 2:54 pm Thanks for sharing this information. Much appreciated.
I can't think of a reason that MS did this on purpose, so here's me hoping for them to come around and fix the issue.
I know it's a longshot.
Of course, we all hope for that. Who wouldn't want his skins to display consistent values? :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ptmax13 wrote: January 13th, 2024, 2:54 pm Thanks for sharing this information. Much appreciated.
I can't think of a reason that MS did this on purpose, so here's me hoping for them to come around and fix the issue.
I know it's a longshot.
Yes, true. There is an article on the MS website that I excerpted on my Gadgets wiki HERE in part that explains how they calc core performance using "time-based counters" vs. "utility-based counters". This article concerns core performance and not process performance, but the end result is the same. Win 11 22H2 seems to have extended this "utility" concept to processes, so now that is "messed up" too.

From what I gather, this is never going to be "fixed" because MS doesn't consider it a bug. Lots of other folks disagree, which is why MSI AB and now HWiNFO implemented work-arounds. Their work-arounds only affect CPUs however, so process performance is still an issue.
:(
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: January 13th, 2024, 4:41 pm Yes, true. There is an article on the MS website that I excerpted on my Gadgets wiki HERE in part that explains how they calc core performance using "time-based counters" vs. "utility-based counters". This article concerns core performance and not process performance, but the end result is the same. Win 11 22H2 seems to have extended this "utility" concept to processes, so now that is "messed up" too.

From what I gather, this is never going to be "fixed" because MS doesn't consider it a bug. Lots of other folks disagree, which is why MSI AB and now HWiNFO implemented work-arounds. Their work-arounds only affect CPUs however, so process performance is still an issue.
:(
I don't know if it matters here or if it happens in a consistent pattern all the time and for other machines, but in ptmax13's screenshot, when comparing Siberia and Rainmeter usages in the skins and Task Manager, the division between 2.4 and 0.1 is roughly the same as the one between 32.3 and 1.1 at 24..29, while the one between 32.3 and 2.4 is roughly the same as the one between 1.1 and 0.1 at 11..13 (the differences might be due to timestamp differences when the measurements were made, I reckon), so some sort of proportionality seems to exist. I didn't mention this before since I'm not sure how it relates to, for example, his core count or other values close to the results of these divisions. Plus, I'm pretty sure that even if it does, a potential formula (if it exists or makes sense in the first place), would be significantly more complex...

I can't test it myself since I'm still a happier Win 10 user, but maybe you could see if it happens in other instances or it was just a misleading coincidence. I doubt it will help much, though given the circumstances, it's one of the few starting points we have. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
ryouji

Post by ryouji »

Memory usage is separate 2 physical CPUs

I would like to display it with one CPU meter.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ryouji wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 11:53 am Memory usage is separate 2 physical CPUs

I would like to display it with one CPU meter.
Nice setup! :)

Are you saying you want to see the full 64GB of RAM shown in each CPU Meter? If so, I just want to point out that each of your CPUs cannot use the whole 64GB, they can only each see half. But it is up to you if want to show it differently. Fortunately, this is a simple change (I think).

Open the CPUVariables.inc file; it is normally in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\@Resources folder. In the file, search for UseLegacyRAMOverride. Change the line like so:

Code: Select all

UseLegacyRAMOverride=1
Refresh the skins and you should see the RAM values based on the installed amount. MAYBE. I can't confirm this, so if this value isn't correct, let me know. These numbers are coming from Windows itself, and I'm not sure how it will report on a dual CPU machine.

P.S.: I'm more concerned about why one of your CPUs is reporting it is running at 0 MHz. There must be a bug someplace. :(
ryouji

Post by ryouji »

SilverAzide wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 4:08 pm Nice setup! :)

Are you saying you want to see the full 64GB of RAM shown in each CPU Meter? If so, I just want to point out that each of your CPUs cannot use the whole 64GB, they can only each see half. But it is up to you if want to show it differently. Fortunately, this is a simple change (I think).

Open the CPUVariables.inc file; it is normally in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\@Resources folder. In the file, search for UseLegacyRAMOverride. Change the line like so:

Code: Select all

UseLegacyRAMOverride=1
Refresh the skins and you should see the RAM values based on the installed amount. MAYBE. I can't confirm this, so if this value isn't correct, let me know. These numbers are coming from Windows itself, and I'm not sure how it will report on a dual CPU machine.

P.S.: I'm more concerned about why one of your CPUs is reporting it is running at 0 MHz. There must be a bug someplace. :(
The above corrections have been completed
Memory is now displayed accurately
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ryouji wrote: January 24th, 2024, 9:22 am The above corrections have been completed
Memory is now displayed accurately
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
You're welcome! Glad that worked!
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

And again I am glad to welcome everyone!

I noticed that the Rainmeter software has not been updated for a long time (the working version is from July 2023).
Will software updates be released much less frequently now than before?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Arbitria wrote: March 25th, 2024, 6:21 am And again I am glad to welcome everyone!

I noticed that the Rainmeter software has not been updated for a long time (the working version is from July 2023).
Will software updates be released much less frequently now than before?
Well, you really should ask the developers; this forum is not the right place for this question. However, the Rainmeter devs usually release a new version when new features are added or bugs are fixed. There have not been many of either one lately. The app has been very stable and not many new features have been requested. Hope this helps answer your question.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.6.1 - 2024-04-06
  • Updated Weather Meter Location Settings due to openstreetmap[.]org changes.

Requires Rainmeter 4.5.16 or later.

Upgrade Notes
If upgrading an existing Gadgets installation:
  • Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional. To upgrade, use the Network Settings to stop the service, uninstall it, and then reinstall.
  • If using any patches, such as the Gadgets Modernizer, download and reinstall the latest version of the patch.