It is currently October 6th, 2024, 2:55 pm

Game Server Monitor Skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Cuzinjeffy

Game Server Monitor Skin?

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

Hey guys I have been searching the forums and different websites trying to find a skin that I can monitor a DayZ server I play on using the stats from http://www.gametracker.com/. Does anybody know if one exists or advise on how to create one from scratch? Any info is much appreciated thanks! :great:
Cuzinjeffy

Re: Game Server Monitor Skin?

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

*This is not a skin request*
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cuzinjeffy wrote:Hey guys I have been searching the forums and different websites trying to find a skin that I can monitor a DayZ server I play on using the stats from http://www.gametracker.com/. Does anybody know if one exists or advise on how to create one from scratch? Any info is much appreciated thanks! :great:
But what you'd like to get from that website?
You can read the WebParser section of the manual and you can try the RainRegExp tool, which will help you to create the proper regular expression, for your WebParser measure.
Cuzinjeffy

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

So i would like to be able to monitor information about the game server like number of players/server status/server rank. See below.

Cuzinjeffy

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/75308

This is the same concept I want to do just using a different website. Any help is welcome.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Cuzinjeffy wrote:http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/75308

This is the same concept I want to do just using a different website. Any help is welcome.
You would have to be able to supply the Webparser with a single URL that takes you directly to your "logged in & authorized" statistics page...

WebParser cannot respond to username and password prompts usually need to get to the page you want.

Any site (other than google gmail) that requires username & password to be entered will not work.
Cuzinjeffy

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

Thanks for the info! This server status i posted above does not require a login. So I should be able able to create this without any problems?
Cuzinjeffy

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

I am very new to coding basically using Google to teach myself.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Cuzinjeffy wrote:Thanks for the info! This server status i posted above does not require a login. So I should be able able to create this without any problems?
If that is possible, then it is just a matter of how the page is designed. If the information is being generated by scripts and inserted in the page, then the parser will not 'see' the info you are looking for.

You are looking at a pretty steep learning curve to create a RegExp that will let the Webparser read that data.

I would start by installing RainRegExpTool by JSMorley, run it, paste the URL, connect, then save the session. You can then begin to build your RegExp to capture info.

Find some help on RegExp here

If you are having trouble, create anew post, show what you have tried, and ask for help. :)
Cuzinjeffy

Post by Cuzinjeffy »

Ok will do thanks for the info! :great: