It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:21 pm

Simple Glass Equalizer

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
drakulaboy

Simple Glass Equalizer

Post by drakulaboy »

First try from AudioLevel Plugin, some pretty little equalizer, combined Bitmap instead of Bar's, looking cool

thank you dgrace for plugin and jsmorley for Rainmeter :D

my wish is to complete this skin, when sound plays the green ImageTint to pulsate with more color, of course too on audio level
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Simple Glass Equalizer

Post by jsmorley »

One of the nicer looking visualizers I have seen yet...

While dgrace should certainly be fully credited for AudioLevel, I am only a minor player in the development of Rainmeter. Quite a few folks have had important roles, both past and present. I accept the thanks on behalf of the Rainmeter Team, and say you're welcome!.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

oh, and Happy New Year :great: i was thinking about some Lua Script but it's mess for me, is there any formula to do that effect with green tint?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't know, I suppose there are lots of ways you could come at that. I'd at least be tempted to use AudioLevel to get the "low end" of the signal, the "beat" if you will. Then use that value to drive ColorMatrix on the background image to lighten or darken the green based on it.

I'm certainly no expert on the AudioLevel plugin, so I'm not sure how best to get it to measure the "beat" in a song, but assuming that can be done, (and I'm pretty sure it can, based on the "throbbing" subwoofer skins I have seen around) then there are a lot of ways to react and change the image. ColorMatrix, ImageTint, ImageAlpha, etc.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

Thank you, i guess i got a clue
maybe this will help me
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11135
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

drakulaboy wrote:Thank you, i guess i got a clue
maybe this will help me
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11135
Yeah, using RGB colors and ImageTint is one approach. I'd really be tempted to at least explore ColorMatrix for this though, as it gives you much finer control over things. Rather than "tinting" the entire image some color, you can specifically target just the "green" values, and do some very cool stuff with them. Add more or less green, adjust the luminescence, ect. It can get just a tad complicated, but worth wrapping your head around, not only for this, but in general.

There is a pretty robust guide here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/colormatrix-guide
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

got something, will try with ColorMatrix too

video
[youtube]uhF1ZJA2DTs[/youtube]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Here is a little example using ColorMatrix, to tint your image from plain to the color you defined, (21,242,103) based on a random number.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=200
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
Red=21
Green=242
Blue=103

[MeasureRandom]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Random / 100
UpdateRandom=1
LowBound=0
HighBound=100

[MeterBack]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\BackBorder.png

[MeterCenter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\BackCenter.png
ColorMatrix1=(1+((#Red#/255)*[MeasureRandom]));0;0;0;0
ColorMatrix2=0;(1+((#Green#/255)*[MeasureRandom]));0;0;0
ColorMatrix3=0;0;(1+((#Blue#/255)*[MeasureRandom]));0;0
DynamicVariables=1
I quick-and-dirty separated the "border" from the "center", as that just seemed nicer for my tastes. Seems to me to be a better illusion of a "window". I just tint the center.
BackBorder.png
BackCenter.png
test.gif
If you replace the random number Calc with an AudioLevel child measure, which measures from 0 to 1, you are off and running.

While this simple use of ColorMatrix just more or less duplicates the functionality of ImageTint, it does have the advantage of not requiring a few extra measures to deal with the red, green, blue as separate things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

so many variants
1st equalizer is with Lua Script is working cool, but when i try your variant is something wrong, the tint is going from center

this is so cooool!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Always a few different ways to do things in Rainmeter... ;-)

I don't know what issue you have with my code, you must have some typo somewhere. It's not really about tinting from out -> in or in -> out, it just adds color to every pixel in the image, while keeping the existing transparency.