It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:02 am

Add IfBetweenValue and allow multiple IfAbove(Below)Value

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
gerdgoebel

Add IfBetweenValue and allow multiple IfAbove(Below)Value

Post by gerdgoebel »

In order to avoid a lengthy statement for IfEqualValue for measures with decimals it would be very handy to just use a IfBetweenValue option.
I also thought it would be very handto if Rainmeter would allow multiple IfAbove(Below)Value statements on the same measure.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Add IfBetweenValue and allow multiple IfAbove(Below)Value

Post by Kaelri »

The issue with multiple IfAbove or IfBelow terms is that if a value is above or below all of the defined values, then it will trigger all of the IfAboveActions or IfBelowActions. Though I suppose there might be cases where you'd want that to happen, eh?

I love the idea of IfBetweenValues, though, especially with multiple uses. It would be extraordinarily helpful to be able to define more than two ranges of behavior.
gerdgoebel

Post by gerdgoebel »

The way multiple IfAbove(Below)Values would/should be executed is like using them in an else, thus, only one of them would be used. Of course it would be more visable and readable if there would be an else option or elseif.....
RetardedRaven

Post by RetardedRaven »

I don't know I mean multiple if above/below would probably just be separated to a single ifabove1 and ifabove2 with ifaboveval1 and 2 respectively. And perhaps in ifaboveall. Possibly though i wouldn't know the syntax that could be extended to ifabove2||4 which would check the ifaboveval2 or 4 and does it's bit.

Between values seems like a solid idea though.

From what I can see glancing over the code I'm not sure how easy something like this would be since it seems to be a sort of flag that is set as a catch all.