It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:54 am

Search Bar (10 in 1) V1.1 (Update)

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
dilshad

Search Bar (10 in 1) V1.1 (Update)

Post by dilshad »

Search Bar
A search bar for 10 sites

V1.1 -Removed minor bugs
-Added tooltip text when mouse hovers on the icon

Instructions :
Change the sites for your search by a single click on the site icon.
Left Click for next icon
Right Click for previous icon
Click on the search text Type and press enter to search

Wallpaper used link

Your comments and Reviews will be highly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dilshad on February 10th, 2014, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ BOXES ]
I will be coming with it soon!

■■ DeviantartFacebookMy works ■■
smurfier

Re: Search Bar (10 in 1)

Post by smurfier »

You really should switch from using !PluginBang "MeasureInput ExecuteBatch 3" to using !CommandMeasure "MeasureInput" "ExecuteBatch 3".

The !PluginBang was deprecated a long time ago.

Also, if you want to know how to simplify your code quite a bit, try taking a look at one of my skins.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
dilshad

Post by dilshad »

Yaa Good work.
Will bring changes in my skin in it's next update..can you help me with a thing that how to give a fade/transition effect when LEFTMOUSEDOWNACTION changes the meter in the skin...
[ BOXES ]

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

dilshad wrote:can you help me with a thing that how to give a fade/transition effect when LEFTMOUSEDOWNACTION changes the meter in the skin...
Except for an extremely complicated lua script that I refuse to use, fade effects really don't exist in Rainmeter. There are some methods for creating them but their cost outweighs the benefit.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
dilshad

Post by dilshad »

Ok then leaving the thought of fade effects
[ BOXES ]

dilshad

Re: Search Bar (10 in 1) V1.1 (Update)

Post by dilshad »

smurfier wrote:You really should switch from using !PluginBang "MeasureInput ExecuteBatch 3" to using !CommandMeasure "MeasureInput" "ExecuteBatch 3".

The !PluginBang was deprecated a long time ago.

Also, if you want to know how to simplify your code quite a bit, try taking a look at one of my skins.
replaced the pluginbang command and just added "ToolTipText"
I don't wanna make anymore changes I like the way it is..
Thanks for the review.. :)
[ BOXES ]

exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

dilshad wrote:Ok then leaving the thought of fade effects
Actually there is, as I used in my Start Menu skin.

The below example is a hidden button that when hovered over causes a fade-effect showing an image representing the start orb

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
 Update=25

[Variables]
 A=255
 OrbColor=255,255,255
 Orb=#@#Start Orb\MetroOrb.png

;===Measures===
[CalcFadeIn]
 Measure=Calc
 Formula=Counter % 32
 IfEqualValue=31
 IfEqualAction=[!DisableMeasure #CURRENTSECTION#][!SetVariable A (0)]
 Disabled=1

[CalcFadeOut]
 Measure=Calc
 Formula=Counter % 32
 IfEqualValue=31
 IfEqualAction=[!DisableMeasure #CURRENTSECTION#][!SetVariable A (255)]
 Disabled=1

;===Meters===
[HoverButton]
 Meter=Image
 SolidColor=0,0,0,1
 H=50
 W=50
 MouseOverAction=[!DisableMeasure CalcFadeOut][!EnableMeasure CalcFadeIn]
 DynamicVariables=1
 Antialias=1

[StartOrb]
 Meter=Image
 ImageName="#Orb#"
 H=50
 W=50
 ImageTint=#OrbColor#
 ImageAlpha=(255 - (8 * [CalcFadeOut]) + (8 * [CalcFadeIn]) - #A#)
 IfEqualValue=0
 IfEqualAction=[!DisableMeasure CalcMeasureFadeOut]
 LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#ROOTCONFIG#\Menu" "StartMenu.ini"]
 MouseLeaveAction=[!EnableMeasure CalcFadeOut][!DisableMeasure CalcFadeIn][!SetVariable A (0)]
 MouseOverAction=[!DisableMeasure CalcFadeOut][!EnableMeasure CalcFadeIn][!SetVariable A (255)]
 DynamicVariables=1
 Antialias=1
If you notice the measures are used to calculate image alpha, but they don't count up to 255. That would take longer because the measures only count up every time the skin is updated. Instead, I divided 255 by 8 and instead they count up to 32, and then in image alpha I multiply the value of each measure by 8 so the calculations are valid for use with Image Alpha. Hope you understand what I'm saying.

This yields a smooth fade in effect. The limitation of this is that it doesn't work well if around more than 3 meters are being modified one of these Calc measures. In addition, it requires a rather high update speed so for skins already doing a lot it can really kill CPU performance.

If you don't fully understand what I'm saying consider downloading my Start Menu for Rainmeter skin and check out the on-screen (rainmeter) start orbs and their code, which the above code example is pulled from.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

See, that's one of the fade effects I didn't want to mention. That Update=25 part can get a bit nasty depending on the rest of the skin.

Anything that updates that quickly can have a rather devastating effect on the performance of the computer.

It should be noted that if you really know what you're doing, know how to be careful, an update rate of 25 could be just fine. Just always use caution when setting an update rate and think about that there are computers out there that may not be able to handle it.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

smurfier wrote:See, that's one of the fade effects I didn't want to mention. That Update=25 part can get a bit nasty depending on the rest of the skin.

Anything that updates that quickly can have a rather devastating effect on the performance of the computer.

It should be noted that if you really know what you're doing, know how to be careful, an update rate of 25 could be just fine. Just always use caution when setting an update rate and think about that there are computers out there that may not be able to handle it.
I have skins (including the one used for the example above) that with high update speeds that run with literally no impact on even my secondary laptop's ancient Celeron 575.

Updatedivider can be used to slash the processor load if needed.

Also, I've had skins with decent fades at Update=150. It really comes down to whether you want best performance or best appearance.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

exper1mental wrote:Updatedivider can be used to slash the processor load if needed.

Also, I've had skins with decent fades at Update=150. It really comes down to whether you want best performance or best appearance.
That would qualify you as one of the people who know how to be careful.