It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:38 am

Copy/Paste plugin?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Virginityrocks

Copy/Paste plugin?

Post by Virginityrocks »

I'm wondering if there is a plugin out there that can [!CommandMeasure Plugin Copy "C:\FILE.TXT"] and [!CommandMeasure Plugin Paste "C:\FOLDER"] your clipboard. Has anybody made such a plugin?

Edit: I just realized that I can just use the command prompt for this... Duh... :vomit:

Except, I can use xcopy command to copy, what command can I use to paste with the command prompt?
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
FlyingHyrax

Re: Copy/Paste plugin?

Post by FlyingHyrax »

I might be reading you wrong, but I think you might need to spend more time with the CLI. ;-)

copy / xcopy make a copy of the source file in the destination folder - you don't need paste for anything. Paste is not a file operation - it's a text operation, but also the GUI metaphor for selecting the destination for a copy or move command. Underneath the metaphor, the clipboard has nothing to do with copying files.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Alright, but what if I want to paste the "clipboard" whatever it may be, to a specific location? Not necessarily as a copy file + move file operation, but specifically as a paste only operation.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

What I'm getting at is that for files, there is no such thing as a "paste only operation." In Explorer, 'Paste' is a metaphor for either a copy or a move depending on whether or not the previous selection was a 'copy' or 'cut'.

Now if you're talking about moving text around, then yeah, I suppose you would need some sort of plugin. Though I'm not sure how you could communicate the paste target to the plugin.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt