It is currently July 5th, 2024, 7:13 pm

Media Player Skin help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
dilshad

Media Player Skin help

Post by dilshad »

For a media player skin..
Is there any way to add a line meter which will show spectrum accordingly with the music being played
[ BOXES ]
I will be coming with it soon!

■■ DeviantartFacebookMy works ■■
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Skin help

Post by MerlinTheRed »

This gets asked every once in a while. The most common music players don't provide this kind of information, so it won't work out of the box. The only way to make this work is if the music player supports plugins that can read this kind of spectrum information. Then you would have to write a plugin for the music player that takes this info and sends it to another plugin for Rainmeter you'd also have to write. The Rainmeter plugin could then be used to visualize the spectrum in a skin.

As you might guess, this is a lot of work and also very specific to the music player you are using. That's probably why nobody has bothered with it yet. There used to be something like this for Samurize with Winamp, but I'm not sure if it could be adapted to Raimeter, and Samurize is pretty much dead. Also, such skins tend to use a lot of system resources because they need to update so often to show a smooth animation of the spectrum.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
dilshad

Re: Media Player Skin help

Post by dilshad »

MerlinTheRed wrote:This gets asked every once in a while. The most common music players don't provide this kind of information, so it won't work out of the box. The only way to make this work is if the music player supports plugins that can read this kind of spectrum information. Then you would have to write a plugin for the music player that takes this info and sends it to another plugin for Rainmeter you'd also have to write. The Rainmeter plugin could then be used to visualize the spectrum in a skin.

As you might guess, this is a lot of work and also very specific to the music player you are using. That's probably why nobody has bothered with it yet. There used to be something like this for Samurize with Winamp, but I'm not sure if it could be adapted to Raimeter, and Samurize is pretty much dead. Also, such skins tend to use a lot of system resources because they need to update so often to show a smooth animation of the spectrum.

:-( So sad.... But I'll surely give it a try but after few weeks.. :bow:
Busy shedule :(
And yaa The sublime text stuff is great.. 8-) Thanks for the information....
[ BOXES ]
I will be coming with it soon!

■■ DeviantartFacebookMy works ■■