It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:32 am

search capabilities (or not)

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
sgtevmckay

search capabilities (or not)

Post by sgtevmckay »

I have come to the grand conclusion that are search capabilities for the forum suck.

too restrictive, and apparently has a questionable index capabilities, and I despise the too common statement.

Any suggestions?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: search capabilities (or not)

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:I have come to the grand conclusion that are search capabilities for the forum suck.

too restrictive, and apparently has a questionable index capabilities, and I despise the too common statement.

Any suggestions?
LOL.. You must have put in "weather" too, looking for your lost thread. I put that in and was told "weather" was too common a word to search on. Oh Rly?

This is the section from the ACP which controls that...

Common word threshold:
Words which are contained in a greater percentage of all posts will be regarded as common. Common words are ignored in search queries. Set to zero to disable. Only takes effect if there are more than 100 posts. If you want words that are currently regarded as common to be reconsidered you have to recreate the index.

I have it set to "5" on ours. I guess there is a large percentage of posts here with the word "weather" in them, due to the long post about HUD Vision... ;-)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Indeed :lol:

I have often thought of dedicating a sub thread to HUD Vision and one to Enigma, as these seem to be the top players at the moment. Not to mention I combine them constantly :P

Ok, your suggestion, in your instance; is this a direct ACP configure?
I do not have my laptop in front of me so I can not check to see if there is and administrative GUI adjustment.

This is a great way to help test the new T3 line at my contract, I have been punking forums for the last three hours, and communication loading at the same time.
I am supposed to have 48MB in both directions, but I am only testing 37MB in bith, all well.

On Monday I get my 200 DID's for the digital phone line.
I may actually make my deadline, if i can get Cisco to get me the updated router/switches.

Apologies, I have been leaving notes all over the web as well :oops:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

It's here:

and then here:

You can set the percentage a bit higher and that might help, or you can reset / recreate the "Search Index" from this page:

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Thank you sir

This will save me the trouble of having to find it myself. :D

Laziness is the mother of all invention :!:
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Completed