It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:26 am

How do I change the screen resolution!?

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
AngryDude

How do I change the screen resolution!?

Post by AngryDude »

My rainmeter skin is stuck in 1366 x 768, but I frequently connect to a Full HD screen, but the skin doesn't scale up and provides no option to do so. Why can't I change it in the Rainmeter settings (which also provides no options for resolution)? Everything else on my computer scales automatically so why not Rainmeter?

The Skin is Omnimo (so I don't know if it's the fault of the Omnimo devs or Rainmeter) where I set default resolution and now there's no way to change it. Kind of destroys the usefulness of Rainmeter for me (and it's proved very useful, but overly complicated)

Yes, I joined just to complain (wouldn't have needed to if the option was there)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I change the screen resolution!?

Post by eclectic-tech »

No skins "automatically scale" to perfectly match your resolution; however, you can use a utility written to re-arrange the layout when you change resolutions.

Life is wonderful, but never easy... :uhuh:

With a little rewarding work on your part, you should be able to minimize your frustration and achieve the desired effect

Complaining usually gets you no response on this forum, but newbies get 1 exception... :twisted:
user6794

Re: How do I change the screen resolution!?

Post by user6794 »

I have an HD screen but omnimo is is upscaled to 2 or 4K or somethin simmilar. I cant change the resolution thro settings because it isnt on the screen and i cant even use it blindly under the screen. I dont have a second monitor to attach an use it normally to change the settig.Does anyone know something usefull? I can unload the skin, but i whant to use it if i can.