It is currently May 18th, 2024, 2:07 am

Layout Changes when running some Apps

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
NewYears1978

Layout Changes when running some Apps

Post by NewYears1978 »

I have a few simple skins mixed and my layout saves..through most stuff it works fine but when I run certain programs like ZSNES, when I quit out 3 of the skins of the 5 I use are missing. If I go to layout, and load it..they come back...but no matter what I do those 3 items disappear when I run certain programs.

I tried saving the theme, new name, clicking diff checkboxes etc..nothing works...

any ideas?

FYI the ones disappearing are all from the same skin which is Niveus, start button, hide taskbar and taskbar.
NewYears1978

Re: Layout Changes when running some Apps

Post by NewYears1978 »

Any ideas?
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

I tried using another skin to do the same thing..and it was working but once I got it all setup..it does the same thing..when I launch Emulators in Fullscreen...I think my scaling is activating and it's doing something but I don't know what.

All I want is a start button and taskbar that the entire thing is a tasklist..it works fine but once I go in a full screen program like ZSNES or nestopia..and back out..they are invisilbe (not closed..only invisible or moved off screen?)

Here's what I was using:

Simple button to hide taskbar

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]

Skin=Hide/Show Taskbar
Author=JasonAbsolom

[Hide]
Meter=Image
Imagename=2.png
x=0
y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#\Niveus\Tools\RunAndHide.exe"] [!Rainmeterhidemeter Hide] [!Rainmetershowmeter Show]

[Show]
Meter=Image
Imagename=1.png
x=0
y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#\Niveus\Tools\RunAndHide.exe"] [!Rainmeterhidemeter Show] [!Rainmetershowmeter Hide]
hidden=1
Taskbar image that is a tasklist all the way across:

[Rainmeter]

Skin=Bar
Author=JasonAbsolom

[BG]
Meter=Image
Imagename=1.png
x=0
y=0
w=5000
h=11
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#\Niveus\Tools\TaskList.exe"]
Start Button

[Rainmeter]

Skin=Start
Author=JasonAbsolom

[BG]
Meter=Image
Imagename=1.png
x=0
y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#\Niveus\Tools\openstartmenu.exe"]

Then I tried this all in one solution:

[rainmeter]
Update=100

[Metadata]
Name=Spite Rainmeter Skin
Author=ikez
Information=A Windows Shell Replacement Skin That Has The Use Of Themes

[Variables]
@include=#@#Settings\Settings.inc

[CenterBackground]
Meter=Image
Tile=0
PreserveAspectRatio=0
x=#Taskbarborder#
y=#Taskbarborder#
w=(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#)
h=41
ImageName=#@#Themes\#Theme#\Bar\Center.png
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#\Test\Tools\tasklist.exe"] !RainmeterRefreshApp !RainmeterRedraw
ImageTint=#BarIntColour#,255

;Start Button
[StartButton]
Meter=Image
Tile=0
PreserveAspectRatio=1
x=#Taskbarborder#
y=#Taskbarborder#
h=41
ImageName=#@#Themes\#Theme#\StartMenu\Button.png
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#\Test\Tools\openstartmenu.exe"] !RainmeterRefreshApp !RainmeterRedraw
All work, but do the same thing once I launch program and out they are gone.. my other skins remain..
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Well bummer...I can't figure it out.
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Not a single person has any clue? It only happens with some skins..seems like any time I try to run a certain EXE file..those buttons vanish..
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

NewYears1978 wrote:Not a single person has any clue? It only happens with some skins..seems like any time I try to run a certain EXE file..those buttons vanish..
Anytme you run a program that alters the screen resolution, this will happen... because these skins are near the screen edge, most likely they are positioned off your screen when you return from full-screen applications.

You already have the simplest solution, reload the layout.

You could also try right-clicking the Rainmeter systray icon and click "Refresh All" from the context menu.

There is an addon utility called RainGame that you can use to quickly close Rainmeter, free up all resources for the game (or any app), and then restart Rainmeter from a system tray.