It is currently September 18th, 2024, 2:05 am

Rainmeter W/ Virtual desktop?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
shanrakk

Rainmeter W/ Virtual desktop?

Post by shanrakk »

Hey! I'm kind of new here, just been fiddling around with the rain meter enigma, I really like it. I was browsing further to help me organize my desktop, and I wanted to know if Rainmeter would work with a Virtual desktop (ergo dexpot, virtual dimension,) So i could have different rain meter skins for different desktops. O.O

Sorry I'm a newbie, but thanks for the help!

Edit: I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything. Then again- I'm not very good at forum navigation.
bobgrosh

Re: Rainmeter W/ Virtual desktop?

Post by bobgrosh »

I used it with Dexpot and Microsoft
Dexpot lets you select groups of skins that switch in or off as you move from one desktop to another, I think Gnometer has a Dexpot skin to help and there in a nice write-up in the rainmeter documentation just go to docs and type dexpot

The Microsoft desktop manager handles different desktop themes the best far as I know, Simply switch to a new desktop run rainmeter and select the wallpaper and rainmeter layout. You can have a different one for each virtual desktop.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Welcome!

Yes, Rainmeter does support Dexpot or VirtuaWin VDMs. VirtualDesktop Plugin

Take a look at this post which includes links to the necessary files and a video about using Dexpot and Rainmeter.
shanrakk

Post by shanrakk »

eclectic-tech wrote:Welcome!

Yes, Rainmeter does support Dexpot or VirtuaWin VDMs. VirtualDesktop Plugin

Take a look at this post which includes links to the necessary files and a video about using Dexpot and Rainmeter.
Thanks for the help :)