It is currently May 4th, 2024, 2:23 am

Basic IfEqualValue question

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
tiedyedvortex

Basic IfEqualValue question

Post by tiedyedvortex »

I'm starting to make one of my first skins, and I can't find out how to do something that I feel should be fairly simple with If statements and the !SetOption bang. I've made a Roundline meter for my laptop's battery status, but I want it to change color based on the PowerState=Status measure of the Power plugin.

If Status returns 1, then my computer is plugged in, and I want the Roundline meter to be blue. If it's 2, then the battery is critical and it should be red, and similarly it should be yellow for 3/low and green for 4/high.

But I can only put one instance of IfEqualValue in the BatteryStatus measure, so I can only do one of the four color swaps. Is there a way I can get this to work without having to use .Lua scripting?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Basic IfEqualValue question

Post by jsmorley »

I don't have a laptop handy, but I faked up a calc measure to replicate the return value:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeasureFakeBatteryStatus]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureFakeBatteryStatus % 4) + 1
UpdateDivider=5
Substitute="1":"-1","2":"-2","3":"-3","4":"-4","-1":"82,175,204,255","-2":"212,114,114,255","-3":"247,247,181,255","-4":"189,247,181,255"

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=20
FontColor=[MeasureFakeBatteryStatus]
AntiAlias=1
Text=Battery Status
DynamicVariables=1
So on your measure getting the battery status, add that Substitute option. It will first change 1/2/3/4 to -1/-2/-3/-4 (so we don't have conflicts with color code numbers later) then change each of the -1/-2/-3/-4 values to the appropriate color code.

Then just use the value of the measure on any option (ImageTint, FontColor, SolidColor, etc) as the string value by using [MeasureName] in square brackets and set DynamicVariables=1.

In this example the value will rotate through 1/2/3/4 every 5 seconds.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Another approach is:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Variables]
1=82,175,204,255
2=212,114,114,255
3=247,247,181,255
4=189,247,181,255

[MeasureFakeBatteryStatus]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureFakeBatteryStatus % 4) + 1
UpdateDivider=5
OnUpdateAction=[!SetOption MeterOne FontColor #[MeasureFakeBatteryStatus]#][!UpdateMeter MeterOne][!Redraw]

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=20
AntiAlias=1
Text=Battery Status
Don't need any FontColor on our example meter, as the !SetOption sets it for us. Also don't need DynamicVariables=1 on the measure or meter as !SetOption is by its nature always dynamic.
tiedyedvortex

Post by tiedyedvortex »

Okay, I see what you're saying. I tried your first solution, and it didn't work quite right. When this runs, with my computer plugged in at 100% battery, the Roundline turns green instead of blue like I wanted. I figured out why; PowerState=Status only returns 1 if the battery is actively being charged, but I want it to be blue any time that the computer has an AC line, even when the battery is fully charged.

So what I need to do instead is use PowerState=ACLine with PowerState=Status and do a calculation. This is what I came up with:

[MeasureACLine]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=ACLine

[MeasureBatteryState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=Status

[MeasureBatteryCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureACLine = 1) ? 1 : MeasureBatteryState
Substitute="1":"-1", "2":"-2", "3":"-3", "4":"-4", "-1":"#Blue#", "-2":"#Red#", "-3":"#Yellow#", "-4":"#Green#"

[MeterBattery]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureBatteryPercent
X=700
Y=80
LineStart=55
LineLength=75
StartAngle=(Rad(270))
RotationAngle=(-Rad(360))
Solid=1
LineColor=[MeasureBatteryCalc]
DynamicVariables=1
AntiAlias=1
After all that, it finally works! Blue when charging, Green when full and not charging, Yellow when low battery, Red when critically low. Thanks for your help!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

My pleasure.