It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 10:54 pm

How do I re-size objects?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Deeno009

How do I re-size objects?

Post by Deeno009 »

Hello I was just wondering if I could re-size one of the items (the clock) because it looks too big. If so how?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: How do I re-size objects?

Post by jsmorley »

It's just not that simple. It depends entirely on which "clock" skin you are talking about, and then factors like whether it is analog or digital, and how the display meters are designed in the skin.

There just is no easy "make this skin bigger or smaller" function in Rainmeter, it takes changing the code for the meters displaying things, and is entire a function of how the skin is written.
Deeno009

Post by Deeno009 »

jsmorley wrote:It's just not that simple. It depends entirely on which "clock" skin you are talking about, and then factors like whether it is analog or digital, and how the display meters are designed in the skin.

There just is no easy "make this skin bigger or smaller" function in Rainmeter, it takes changing the code for the meters displaying things, and is entire a function of how the skin is written.
Well the theme (or skin) is a MLP thing. My little sister wants it for laptop or whatever though the clock is just too big and out of proportion. I mean if anyone knows how to do it or knows of a tutorial tell me because she won't leave me alone (I know this sounds like a dumb reason, but you probably don't have siblings in that case).

The clock is analog.

Link
Mr.Sadistic

Post by Mr.Sadistic »

that clock is going to be a 2 stage approach.....

it is made of meters....the time read out <change the font size>....and the round bar for the seconds....going to have to change its dimensions.....both of those things require playing with the code of the .ini files......

the other part is the images....the clock face, and the hands.....these are just "images files"....either .png <likely>, or .gif <maybe .bmp, but unlikely>......these will have to be edited in your image editor of choice.....PaintShop, Photoshop, GIMP, Windows Paint, etc.........