It is currently May 4th, 2024, 1:19 am

is the Quote plugin limited to 256 lines?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
moshi

is the Quote plugin limited to 256 lines?

Post by moshi »

i was playing with the Quote plugin today and noticed that it only seems to index the first 256 (or less) lines of a text file. did not see this mentioned in the docs.

if you want to verify that i suggest using a very large text file like this: http://fil.nrk.no/yr/viktigestader/verda.txt. this file is pretty convenient for this purpose, it is alphabetically sorted by country code and line 256 is the last line that starts with AF, i never had something higher displayed.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: is the Quote plugin limited to 256 lines?

Post by jsmorley »

There is a limit, but it is the number of "characters", in the file, not the number of "lines". I believe that the limit is a 16bit integer, or 65,536 characters. I'm not sure yet how the fact that your file is Unicode factors in.
moshi

Post by moshi »

thanks for the answer. i am wondering wether there is a limit on images as well, that would kinda explain why it never crashed even with folders with thousands of images in it and older computers.
about time to increase that limit some day i guess.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

moshi wrote:thanks for the answer. i am wondering wether there is a limit on images as well, that would kinda explain why it never crashed even with folders with thousands of images in it and older computers.
about time to increase that limit some day i guess.
I don't know of any limit on images in folders, although it would not surprise me if it had one somewhere around 65k as well.

We are looking at the limit of characters in a text file to see what can be done.