It is currently May 4th, 2024, 12:36 pm

WMP Forces Rainmeter to Close

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
FancyFalcon

WMP Forces Rainmeter to Close

Post by FancyFalcon »

I was not able to find anything on here about this, and my Google searches have not been very useful.

The only thing I cannot get to work with Rainmeter is WMP. VLC, iTunes, etc work fine, but Rainmeter will stop working and close itself whenever I try to set it up with Windows Media Player. I have looked around for fixes, but really all I see are new skins to work with it. The skins I have should be working with WMP, but I think the issue is something that I have set up, or not yet set, on Rainmeter itself.

When I had used Rainmeter previously on my old laptop, it worked fine. Album art, artist names, and song progress bar all worked. The skin I used then was Enigma, which is a skin that I have right now. I do not have that laptop, but I did not do anything different other than possibly using a newer version of Rainmeter.

I have no idea where to start with this. I am familiar with finding files and such on my computer, but adding codes to Rainmeter skins is something a little past me. Any help is appreciated.
ScoobSTi

Re: WMP Forces Rainmeter to Close

Post by ScoobSTi »

Did you try reinstalling Rainmeter? Never heard of this error, so I'm not so sure where else to go.