It is currently May 4th, 2024, 10:00 am

Using old themes as layouts

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
mikepedaz

Using old themes as layouts

Post by mikepedaz »

I have searched and so far been unsuccessful in finding a solution to this:

I had an older version of rainmeter on my computer, then when I upgraded to windows 8 I downloaded the newer version. Now there are "layouts" as opposed to "themes". Is there any way that I can use all of my theme files that I have transferred over as layouts? Or is there some way to convert them from .thm to .ini?

thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Using old themes as layouts

Post by jsmorley »

mikepedaz wrote:I have searched and so far been unsuccessful in finding a solution to this:

I had an older version of rainmeter on my computer, then when I upgraded to windows 8 I downloaded the newer version. Now there are "layouts" as opposed to "themes". Is there any way that I can use all of my theme files that I have transferred over as layouts? Or is there some way to convert them from .thm to .ini?

thanks
They are not really any different as far as content or structure. You can just rename the .thm files to rainmeter.ini and put each in its own folder under C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Layouts. Then it will show up in the Manage / Layouts panel in Rainmeter after you "Refresh all" or restart Rainmeter.

BTW, if you upgrade an existing installation of Rainmeter to the newer version that use Layouts instead of Themes, it does all that for you automatically.