It is currently May 29th, 2024, 7:29 am

rainmeter monitoring net download help,

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kirito

rainmeter monitoring net download help,

Post by Kirito »

ok i know rainmeter has net in and net out options to monitor the net, but this doesnt get the true total net usage of multiple users on the one pc does it?? i only use rainmeter on my account on the pc, any advice or help on getting a total net usage of all accounts??

i have bitmeter os monitoring my net for now but to view the stats u have to open it online, ive tried using the web-parser option to try and get the values from the page but my issue there is that i dont know where exactly or what exactly on the page im supposed to parse???

any help or advice is much appreciated or help steering me in the right direction to figure it out thanks.
Art is the ultimate sense of freedom, u cant learn art like u do science, instead learn and adapt it to what u like and what feels best
jsmorley
Developer

Re: rainmeter monitoring net download help,

Post by jsmorley »

NetIn / NetOut / NetTotal are not about accounts. It is just watching for traffic in and out of the NIC (Network Interface Card) of the PC running the skin. So yes, it will monitor all traffic for all users on that computer. What it won't do is monitor any activity that isn't going through the NIC of the computer running the skin. So for instance traffic from a laptop or tablet in your house connected to the internet via a router is not seen at all.
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

oh right ok so that clears up net in and net out, my mistake for not understanding them fully, ok well phones are often used on wifi, so i wont be able to get the net usage from them then to include in the net in net out results??, i can use the net in and net out options for my skin then, but is there any way to get the usage for the phones too?? or is that impossible??
Art is the ultimate sense of freedom, u cant learn art like u do science, instead learn and adapt it to what u like and what feels best
Mr.Sadistic

Post by Mr.Sadistic »

I am very new to rainmeter.....and have not delved into web parsing.....so I am not acquainted with the in and outs of that....

However with that being said...your router has an IP address....and there are 3rd party programs out there that can retrieve usage data from your router....so it SHOULD be possible....