It is currently May 7th, 2024, 9:39 pm

Windows 8 Blur

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
exper1mental

Windows 8 Blur

Post by exper1mental »

Is it possible to recreate a blur in Windows 8?

I've figured out that if you did used GetAvgColor (add-on) with 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 pixel images lined up by each other you would get a blur of sorts, however, that could easily become quite time consuming to build for anything larger than an icon and would also murder your CPU if you wanted it to update with the background (not to mention your RAM with GetAvgColor running in a bunch of instances simultaneously).

Note: I DO know about Blur=# and those codes, but they don't work on windows 8 b/c the blur feature was removed from the OS (although there is a third party developer building a program that may bring back blur in addition to titlebar transparency.)

Thanks!
Virginityrocks

Re: Windows 8 Blur

Post by Virginityrocks »

Not much luck, I don't think. I just swapped back to 7 for the blur effect. Microsoft dropped the ball. If you own Windows 8 Pro, you are legally allowed to downgrade to 7, so go ahead and do it.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
exper1mental

Re: Windows 8 Blur

Post by exper1mental »

Virginityrocks wrote:Not much luck, I don't think. I just swapped back to 7 for the blur effect. Microsoft dropped the ball. If you own Windows 8 Pro, you are legally allowed to downgrade to 7, so go ahead and do it.
Nah, I'll wait for some of those DWM extension programs in beta/alpha on DeviantART for bringing back transparency and blur to come out and see if it works then. If it doesn't I'll try getting in touch with their developers and see if anything can be done about it.