It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:51 pm

rainmeter.exe !BANG

General topics related to Rainmeter.
TimmyMayes

rainmeter.exe !BANG

Post by TimmyMayes »

I'm trying to issue a refresh bang for a script i'm updating with Autohotkey.

I'm just using the run box for now to try to get the syntax for doing a bang using rainmeter.exe
I'm putting the following into the run box and i get an error

"C:\Documents and Settings\tmayes\My Documents\Tyler\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !RainmeterRefresh *

Error is

Rainmeter is not running. Unable to send the !bang to it.

But its clearly running as I have two string meters up on my desktop.

Any ideas?

Rainmeter is installed in C:\Documents and Settings\tmayes\My Documents\Tyler\Rainmeter\

Thanks in advance for your help.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: rainmeter.exe !BANG

Post by jsmorley »

TimmyMayes wrote:I'm trying to issue a refresh bang for a script i'm updating with Autohotkey.

I'm just using the run box for now to try to get the syntax for doing a bang using rainmeter.exe
I'm putting the following into the run box and i get an error

"C:\Documents and Settings\tmayes\My Documents\Tyler\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !RainmeterRefresh *

Error is

Rainmeter is not running. Unable to send the !bang to it.

But its clearly running as I have two string meters up on my desktop.

Any ideas?

Rainmeter is installed in C:\Documents and Settings\tmayes\My Documents\Tyler\Rainmeter\

Thanks in advance for your help.
Are you quite sure that is where Rainmeter.exe is located? The normal install location for 1.0+ is in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe, with the "skins" in "My Documents". Not to say it can't or even isn't installed exactly where you say, just double checking.
TimmyMayes

Post by TimmyMayes »

Most definetly certain. Its in a hidden folder in my documents becasue its a work installation and i didnt' want to go through the red tape of having it installed. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TimmyMayes wrote:Most definetly certain. Its in a hidden folder in my documents becasue its a work installation and i didnt' want to go through the red tape of having it installed. :)
Hidden as in literally with the "attribute" of "hidden"? Can you try unhiding it and see what happens?
TimmyMayes

Post by TimmyMayes »

Ok un hidden. Same error.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TimmyMayes wrote:Ok un hidden. Same error.
I use the same function in an AutoIt .exe (very similar to AHK) and I use it like this:

ShellExecute("..\..\rainmeter.exe", "!RainmeterRefresh *")

Now I have my .exe residing two levels down from Rainmeter.exe (C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\RainBrowser.exe) and it works just fine. Perhaps it really wants the quotes around the parameter for the bang like I have it.
TimmyMayes

Post by TimmyMayes »

I got it to work now in ahk

Run "C:\Documents and Settings\tmayes\My Documents\Tyler\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !RainmeterRefresh *

is the ahk line.