It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 10:52 pm

I need this tested on other computers.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Virginityrocks

I need this tested on other computers.

Post by Virginityrocks »

I wonder if it'll work this time...  
Download: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xOtWKbj9_wDxg9zbBGBWCoQ_eqp_RzCJN3-qXE0HppA/pub

Please see the above download and see if this works on your system.
'

Windows XP - Not verified
Windows Vista - Not verified
Windows 7 - Verified, no problems
Windows 8 - Verified, no problems
Last edited by Virginityrocks on January 28th, 2013, 7:20 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I need this tested on other computers.

Post by eclectic-tech »

Google will not allow downloads; says it contains a virus? ... please check and re-post
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

False positive.

Edit: I removed RainRGB and RainFile from the download. For some reason theyre being recognized as viruses.
Droptop Four
StarburstSpectrum

Post by StarburstSpectrum »

Not sure which thread to post on but.... Nice Work!

Clicking or DoubleClicking the Titles or "Add items..." doesn't do anything for me, it doesn't open the #FolderLoc# variable for some reason (for me anyway).

also there is no + icon on the 5th (user) toolbar

And also I was thinking that with the default #FolderLocX# variables instead of using "C:\Users\etc."
you could just use the #SKINSPATH# or #ROOTCONFIGPATH# variables so that it works for us people who use the portable rainmeter install.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Perfect. Ive gone ahead and fixed the + button (image missing in folder), and changed C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ to #SKINSPATH# (Good idea. Not sure why I didnt do that to begin with).

I'm not sure why you aren't able to open the folders. Works fine for me. What version of Windows are you running?
Droptop Four
StarburstSpectrum

Its Win7 x64, upon further inspection it was because my Documents aren't on the C: drive. But the new #SKINSPATH# variables should fix that! :)
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Here's the new link: See original post

Try deleting the Desktop+ folder, and restart Rainmeter before you install this, just to make sure everything is working right. Thanks!
Last edited by Virginityrocks on January 10th, 2013, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Droptop Four
StarburstSpectrum

Looks good! The last 4 toolbars had nothing before for me, I guess that's how I saw the missing +!

Just some small things I found:

The games links have no icons for me, (just blank white) idk if that even works or not....

I changed my weather location successfully, but then going back to the settings it still displays Yellowknife, idk if it's supposed to be like that.

And I couldn't seem to do any of the Upload Image or Remove Image stuff in the Colors settings, not sure how that's supposed to work but nothing happened with any clicks on the buttons.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

The image and colour changes are blocked out right now, since I removed RainFile and RainRGB, which are 2 .EXE files that gather the info. For now, see the OP for instructions on how to make those changes with this release.

The weather button in settings SHOULD be displaying your own town, not mine, since it gets its information based on your IP. (Do you live in Yellowknife? lol) I'll look into it.

I'm not surprised about the games icons. I threw those in just to add something to the folder. You can go ahead and remove those games, or readd them manually from the games folder. Afterwards the proper icon should be displayed.
Droptop Four
StarburstSpectrum

I'm in South Western Canada, so nowhere close to Yellowknife. I didn't realize it was based on your IP, It said yellowknife the first time so I thought it was from the weather code. And it still says yellowknife (after the Searching.... part) , can't help you much more with that. Would like to hear from someone outside canada what it says for them....